Adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms Controller
Zoom Rooms can be added via the Zoom Room Controller or the web portal.
From the Zoom Room Controller you can quickly create a new Zoom Room. The room name, location and passcode can be set via the controller and a calendar can be integrated. Use the web portal for further configuration options.
Requirements for adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
- To meet the requirements for this computer, it must meet the following requirements:
- Devices compatible with the controller requirements should be used
- Zoom Rooms for Meeting Rooms version 5.1.0 or later is required
- Version 5.1.0 or higher of the Zoom Rooms Controller is required
Note: there is no support for Zoom Rooms for Touch on the iPad, and instead you must use the Zoom Rooms for Touch controls on the iPad itself; The Zoom Rooms for Touch controls cannot be used with a Zoom Rooms controller.
How to add Zoom Rooms using a Zoom Rooms controller
- Install the Zoom Rooms Conference Room app and the Zoom Rooms application on the computer or controller.
- On the computer, open Zoom Rooms.
- On the controller, open the Zoom Rooms app.
- A pairing code will appear on the computer. The controller must be programmed with this code.
- To sign in, tap the Sign In button on your controller.
- Make sure you’re signed in as the account owner, an administrator, or a user with Zoom Rooms permissions.
- If you’re using a Google account, you’ll need to sign in with it, or if you’re using an email address, you’ll need to sign in with it, or if you’re using an activation code, you’ll need to enter it.
- Add a new room by tapping +Add new room.
- Please enter the room name.
- Click next.
- To add a calendar, tap the type you want, or tap Set up later.
- Zoom Rooms allows you to select locations that you previously created in the admin portal. Otherwise this step is automatically skipped.
- Here you can set a room passcode. Here’s what you need to know about the passcode.
- Then tap Done.
- You can now use your room.