Administrator – Information about the logs that can be retrieved in the Zoom app
Participant Information Log:
Place of participant’s participation (country / IP address), device used, NW environment
Audio and Video Quality Log:
Information on jitter, latency, packet loss
How many times held per account
Logs showing usage time:
Logs showing video conferencing usage time on an individual/overall basis
Has a feature to generate reports based on logs
Date and time given in the report:
The reporting period can be set to a day, a week, a month, etc.
Log can be output as CSV file etc.
Log Retention Period:
Logs are stored on Zoom’s cloud server.
Account administrators can receive and view them after half a year. We are currently using Zoom to verify the availability and procedure for viewing and retrieving logs after half a year.
frequently asked Questions
What can a Zoom admin do?
What is the difference between a Zoom owner and an admin?
In addition to owning all permissions, the owner is also responsible for managing roles. An administrator has full control over adding, removing and editing users. With the help of the administration panel, it is possible to manage advanced features like APIs, SSOs and Meeting Connectors from its administration interface. Those who are members of the organization do not have administrator rights.
How do I contact the Zoom admin?
- If you have any questions, please contact our sales department.
- We offer a variety of plans and prices to meet your needs.
- Let us show you how it works.
- Events and webinars will take place in the future.
How do I change the admin on Zoom?
How the new owner can become a member of the account admin team by following the instructions below
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you must log into your account.
- You can find the user management menu at the top of the page as well as the user menu by clicking on the navigation menu.
- The new owner must be added to the account if they are not already a member. To do this, click the Add User button. …
- In the row where you want to change a user from a user to an administrator, click Edit at the end of the row.
How do I log in to Zoom as an admin?
Once in the User Management section, click the Role Management link at the top of the User Management section of the navigation pane. Add a new role by clicking the Add Role button. There is a text field where you need to enter the name of the role. Zoom Rooms Administrator is entered here, for example.