Automatically start/stop scheduled Zoom Room meetings
Meetings in Zoom Rooms can be scheduled to follow the Google or Microsoft calendars associated with the Zoom Room. Meetings can be set to start automatically at the start of the meeting based on the time set in the calendar, or end based on the time set at the end of the meeting. By using these options, users no longer have to manually start and end in-room meetings by using a controller each time they choose.
Requirements for automatically starting/ending Zoom Room meetings
- Integration of Zoom Rooms with a Google or Microsoft calendar
- Zoom Rooms iPad Controller 4.2.37605.0629 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac 4.4.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.4.0 or higher
How to enable automatic start/stop of scheduled meetings
- To access the Zoom web portal, you must log in.
- Then under Room Management, click Zoom Rooms.
- To edit this feature, you must select a level within the Zoom Rooms hierarchy that you wish to edit. You can choose to manage all account settings or edit specific states, buildings, floors, or rooms within the account.
- To access the Meetings tab, click the tab.
- You can auto-start and/or auto-end scheduled meetings by clicking the toggle buttons next to them.
- Verify that the change has been made by clicking Activate.
- (Optional) If you want to lock this setting for the entire account, you can click the lock icon to lock the setting for the entire account.
How to use upcoming meeting notifications
Upcoming meeting notifications can also be enabled in Zoom Rooms if you would like a message to appear automatically on the Zoom Rooms display notifying your attendees that they will be notified of an upcoming meeting. A notification will appear on the screen ten minutes before the scheduled start time.