Canceling your Zoom Events ticket and refund policy
It is always possible to cancel your ticket for a free event before the start of the event.
For some paid events, tickets can be refunded if you cancel your ticket at least one hour before the event starts if you want a full refund. The host has the final decision to accept or deny your refund request if you cancel your registration outside of the cancellation period.
This article covers:
- How to cancel registration immediately after ticket purchase
- How to cancel your ticket
- How to request a refund after the cancellation deadline
- This is how ticket purchases are refunded
- Partial Refund Policy
Requirements for canceling a Zoom Events ticket
- Zoom Desktop Client:
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- Mac OS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Mobile Zoom client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or later
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Simple user
- There is a dependency on the Webview package for Windows; It supports Zoom events, but attendees may experience an empty lobby experience as version 5.7.6 depends on Webview package for Windows.
- We strongly encourage attendees to update their Zoom desktop client/mobile application to the latest version to take advantage of the latest Zoom events and webinar features.
How to cancel your ticket immediately after purchasing a ticket
Note: Event organizers that accept cancellations seem to offer the option to cancel tickets.
Immediately after purchasing a ticket, you can cancel your registration:
- After making your payment, click View Tickets on the confirmation page.
- From the menu on the left, select Cancel Order.
- Confirm your cancellation by clicking Yes, cancel order.
- Then click OK.
How to cancel your ticket
Note: If the host accepts cancellations, you’ll see the option to cancel a ticket. It is the host’s final decision whether to accept or decline a ticket cancellation request if the event does not have a cancellation policy. Cancellation requests do not have to be approved by the host. Individual/series events can be canceled by the organizer.
Ticket sales for paid events canceled by the organizer will be fully refunded.
There is a possibility of cancellation of some events if some of them have ticket sales. Individual sessions and series of events can be partially reimbursed via Zoom Events. Attendees can now request partial refunds from event organizers. You can cancel some events in the event series and receive a partial refund for those events at the event level. Ticket cancellations and refunds are possible for some tickets within an order.
Attendees can also receive a full refund if the host agrees to the cancellation request, which can be as early as one hour before the event starts or up to 14 days after the event ends. The host is the only person responsible for refunding cancellations that are not covered by the cancellation policy. After 14 days from the end of the event, there is no refund request or action for an event. As we discuss in more detail in the Zoom Events Terms of Service, you cannot initiate or request a refund for an event after 14 days.
Note: The amount of your refund may differ from the amount you originally paid for a ticket if you paid for it in a foreign currency. This depends on the exchange rate at the time of purchase and the amount you were refunded.
Cancel your registration
- Join Zoom Events by signing up.
- You can find the ticket link in the top right corner of your screen.
- The next time you want to cancel your ticket for a specific event, in the list of your registered events, click View Order next to the relevant event.
- If you wish to cancel your order, you can do so as follows:
- If you wish to cancel your entire registration, click the Cancel Order button on the left side of the page.
- On the order detail page, click Cancel Tickets to cancel the entire ticket series that is part of the order. Select Entire series from the drop down menu.
- The order details page of the order can be accessed by clicking Cancel Ticket on the Order Details tab to cancel specific occurrences of a serial ticket (at the ticket level).
- The number of occurrences should be selected.
The following pop-up appears when you click the Ticket button for events in an event series.
- Under Select Events, you will be prompted to enter the dates of the events you want to cancel in the pop-up window.
- The number of occurrences should be selected.
- The specific event ticket you wish to cancel should be on the order details page. Then click the Cancel Ticket button next to it to cancel the specific event ticket.
- These tickets will only be canceled for specific events in your order, but the rest of your order will remain active.
- Please confirm the ticket cancellation by clicking Yes, cancel ticket when a confirmation dialog box appears.
If an attendee does not cancel within the event cancellation deadline, he or she may request a refund from the host. It is at the discretion of the host to issue a refund outside of the cancellation policy. It is not possible to request or initiate a refund for a ticket or event if 14 days have passed since the end of the event.
Note: It is still possible to cancel your order(s) if some tickets have been canceled by the host.
How to request a refund after the cancellation deadline
Single session and conference events
- Make sure you’re logged into Zoom Events.
- Click the Tickets button in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the list of your registered events, please click View Order next to the event for which you would like to request a refund.
- You can request a refund by clicking the Request Refund button on the order detail page.
A pop-up will appear asking you to request a refund for ______ ticket.
- You will be prompted to enter your reason for requesting a refund in a pop-up window.
- Sending a request is as easy as clicking the Send Request button.
- Zoom Events can be accessed by logging in.
- You can access tickets by clicking the Tickets link in the top right corner.
- If you would like to request a refund for an event on your registered event listing, click View Order.
- In the order details, click Refund Request.
- You can choose to refund the entire series or the number of occurrences.
You will be presented with a pop-up window where you can reclaim the entire series ticket.
- If a refund request appears, enter the reason for your request.
- You can get a refund by selecting # occurrences and then clicking the dropdown menu.
- Then click Send Request.
You will receive an email once your refund request has been processed.
This is how ticket purchases are reimbursed
Once the refund request is approved, you (the buyer) will receive a refund and the ticket will become invalid.
In the event that you paid for an event using the same currency as your credit or debit card was issued in – usually in the country where you opened/registered the card – and requested a refund and your refund request was accepted , receive the same refund regardless of the currency the host charges for tickets.
Example: If you are paying USD 10.00 for a ticket, you are using a USD-denominated credit card. The exact amount you paid for the item will always be refunded if the refund request is approved – in this case $10.00.
Note: Based on the exchange rate at the time of purchase and refund, you may be refunded more or less than what you originally paid for a foreign currency ticket.
Partial Refund Policy
Note: For the time being, partial refunds will only be granted for individual events/event series.
A partial refund policy is also an option for additional scenarios alongside a full refund policy. Partially refunded tickets and events can be configured by the host. Ticket sales can force the host to cancel some events in a row if they are sold out. Depending on the situation, the host may issue a 50% refund.
For some tickets, a single event order can be cancelled. If you want to cancel one event from the entire series, you can do that too.
User tickets are automatically credited when a promoter cancels an event series or one of their events.