Comparison of the functionality of Zoom Events event types
A Zoom Events host can choose the type of event they want to host based on their interactions with attendees, the size and scope of the event, the number of sessions, and the event experience they want to create for them. There are two types of events available to hosts: events and conferences.
The Zoom Events platform also has dedicated event hubs for free and paid events, as well as customizable registration and ticketing options.
This article covers:
- Event Types for Zoom Events
- Comparison of event types
- How to select a meeting or webinar for a session
- How to edit an event
Event type requirements for Zoom Events
- Desktop client for Zoom
- The latest version of Windows is 5.7.6 or higher
- A macOS version of 5.7.6 or higher is required
- Client for Zoom on mobile devices
- The iOS version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- Android version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- Account type: Pro, Business, Enterprise or Education
- To create paid events, you need a Stripe or PayPal business account
- License for Zoom Events
- Licenses for Zoom Meetings and/or Zoom Webinars
- Despite the fact that version 5.7.6 supports Zoom Events, there may still be an issue for hosts due to a dependency with Windows’ Webview package for the Windows platform.
- It is highly recommended that hosts upgrade to the latest version of Zoom’s desktop and mobile apps if they wish to take advantage of the latest Zoom events and webinar features.
Event Types for Zoom Events
There is no set event type that is best suited for your event. A lot of this depends on how big, how widespread and how many sessions you plan for your event, as well as how big and how widespread that event will be.
A one-day event can be conducted using meetings or webinars that include a one-on-one meeting or webinar during the course of the event. To turn a meeting/webinar into an event, event hosts have the option to do so. Event attendees will also have access to question-and-answer sessions, join the event 15 minutes before it starts and will also receive HD recordings of the event.
In addition to the above, the event format can also be used for the following use cases:
- meeting of all hands
- Townhall style meeting
- networking events
- ERG events
Multi-day events can be run with meetings and webinars that contain multiple tracks and sessions. In addition, you can run sessions simultaneously as well as stream previews of each session. Additionally, attendees will be able to take advantage of a much improved lobby, sponsor networks and booth areas.
The conference format can be used for a variety of purposes including but not limited to the following:
- Convention center style events
- Trade Shows
- Big conferences
- Global Training
Comparison of event types
The following table compares Zoom Events event types.
|characteristics||event/series of events||conference|
|Free or *paid tickets||✔||✔|
|Individual session or webinar||✔||✔|
|Live streaming to the lobby||✔|
|Enable HD video for attendees||✔||✔|
|Custom Registration Questions||✔|
There are only certain regions that offer paid events.
How to select a meeting or webinar for a session
This guide compares Zoom meetings to webinars for more information.
How to edit an event
Zoom events can be edited in this article.