Convert meetings/webinars to OnZoom events
If you already have a Zoom meeting scheduled for the next 28 days, you can turn it into an OnZoom event by converting the existing Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event. By converting your existing Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event, you can effectively leverage all the benefits and features of OnZoom. With OnZoom you can:
- To monetize the event, you can do the following:
- You can create free tickets, paid tickets, and restricted tickets that are only accessible to users on a guest list.
- The ability to sell tickets for one-off, series, and drop-in events is the ability to make tickets available for purchase.
- It is possible to reach new audiences to reach new audiences via the OnZoom directory that goes beyond a geographic location.
- OnZoom registration pages can be enhanced with enhanced branding visuals and fundraising features can be embedded to drive registration.
- OnZoom registrations can be viewed, managed and tracked within the OnZoom Host dashboard, allowing ticket sales to be tracked and refunds processed, all within the OnZoom Host dashboard.
- We offer your guests a unique and secure way to attend your events via OnZoom’s unique and secure process.
In this article we will discuss the following topics:
- How to turn a Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event
- How to convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar into an OnZoom event
- How to join converted OnZoom events
- Import registrants into a newly converted OnZoom event
- Join a converted OnZoom event using the join link from the original Zoom meeting/webinar
- How to split an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
Requirements for converting a Zoom meeting/webinar into an OnZoom event
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.6.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.6.3 or higher
- Depending on the account type, you can choose between Pro, Business, Enterprise or Education
How to remember best practices before converting a Zoom meeting/webinar
Only Zoom meetings created with Zoom auto-generated meeting IDs can be converted to OnZoom Events – only Zoom meetings created with Zoom auto-generated meeting IDs can be converted to OnZoom Events.
If the original recurrence schedule has not been changed, you can convert a series of recurring meetings.
In the case of a published event, the OnZoom settings will override the original settings (event name, description, date and time, and security settings) for the selected meeting ID. It is not possible to edit the event outside of the OnZoom platform.
- I recommend informing all attendees about this extra step, as well as the fact that they should join five minutes before the event starts to log into OnZoom.
- Once your Zoom meeting has been converted to an OnZoom Event, users will no longer be able to join the event via phone, regardless of whether it was enabled when you converted the Zoom meeting to an OnZoom Event. The OnZoom event audio can only be joined with the computer audio to join the event audio.
- Currently OnZoom is only available to US residents.
How to convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar into an OnZoom event
Note: For registrants from outside of OnZoom, you must reserve a certain amount of ticket capacity. Your event can only be attended by the users who have registered within OnZoom if no capacity is set.
A Zoom meeting can be converted to an OnZoom meeting as follows:
- Join OnZoom by signing up.
- Click on the Create button in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the Create OnZoom Events page, in the Basic Information section, click Convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom Event.
- In the pop-up window that appears after reading the disclaimer, click the Agree and Continue button.
- When you click save, you will be asked for the Meeting ID of the Zoom meeting, next to the Zoom meeting ID you want to convert to an OnZoom event.
- The meeting settings associated with the meeting ID (name, description, date and time, and event security settings) are implemented for this event using all the settings associated with the meeting ID.
- A maximum of 75 characters can be used in the name of an OnZoom event.
- After completing the remaining sections of the event card, click Save and Continue to proceed to the next step.
- At the bottom of the Event Profile section, click Save and Continue when you have completed the section.
- Enter the number of meeting attendee tickets in the Tickets section and click the Save button to save the changes.
- Tickets for this event will be issued to guests attending the event from outside the OnZoom platform. If you would like to attend the event, you must register with OnZoom to do so. Let’s say you’ve set an allotted ticket count for external registrants, but the number of external registrants exceeds the allotted ticket count you originally set. So if all external registrants attend the event, not all external registrants can attend.
- The event can either be published using the ‘Publish’ button on the event page or saved as a draft by clicking the ‘Save’ button.
How to join converted OnZoom events
The following is an example of the experience your registrants should expect when attending your converted OnZoom Event after the Zoom meeting/webinar has been converted to an OnZoom Event. If you imported the registrants at the time of conversion, or if you used the registration link from the original Zoom meeting or webinar, registrants should expect the following:
- The OnZoom Terms of Service can be reviewed and accepted at the time of joining a meeting or webinar via the original join link, which means the user must review and accept these Terms at the time of joining.
- When a user clicks on the newly issued OnZoom Join link, the new OnZoom ticket will be available in the user’s OnZoom ticket dashboard once he or she accesses the link.
Import registrants into a newly converted OnZoom event
Before the Zoom meeting/webinar was converted to an OnZoom event and the Required checkbox was selected under Registration, all previously registered attendees will be automatically added to the meeting attendee ticket or webinar attendee ticket for the OnZoom event if there was only one checked a box under Registration.
As the host, you must indicate how many tickets should be allocated to attendees arriving from outside the OnZoom system. After converting your Zoom meeting/webinar into an OnZoom event, you should let your attendees know that this is a change that has been made and that they will reap some additional benefits from using OnZoom, such as giving them the easy access to all their OnZoom tickets.
Join a converted OnZoom event using the join link from the original Zoom meeting/webinar
Note: I would like to remind everyone to ensure their Zoom desktop client is up to date to ensure the best possible joining experience. If they registered before the Zoom meeting/webinar was converted to an event on Zoom, they must use the email address they originally registered with in order to log in with that email address can.
How to split an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
If you have not yet published an OnZoom event, you can only unlink an existing Zoom meeting.
OnZoom events can be separated from existing Zoom meetings using the following steps:
- Join OnZoom by signing up.
- To manage your account, click the Manage link in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Events from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Drafts tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click Edit next to the appointment you want to edit.
- Linked Zoom Meeting ID: [Number] You can unlink it by clicking the Unlink button to the right of the field.
- After you click Unlink, you’ll be prompted to confirm your decision.
Note: Once the Zoom meeting is unlinked from the event, there will be no meeting attendee ticket tickets left in the OnZoom event.