Creating tracking links for webinar registration in the Zoom app
It’s possible to track the source of registrations if you share the webinar registration page in multiple places, so you can see exactly where your registrants are coming from. To determine which platform users are registering on, you can share the source tracking URL on multiple platforms like Facebook and Twitter at the same time.
It is possible to create up to 50 unique URLs for different platforms and then share those URLs to track the number of people visiting the registration page and how many people register on those pages.
If multiple source tracking links are used during an on-demand webinar, all linked URLs will be redirected to a recording once the webinar ends.
It is not possible to customize the unique URL of the source tracking links as they are automatically generated.
Requirements for creating tracking links for webinar registration
- Webinar Addendum
- Webinar with registration planned
How to add source tracking links
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Select webinars from the dropdown menu.
- The first step is to select the webinar topic you want to track registrations for and then click on that topic.
- You can find the invitation section by scrolling down the page.
- Click the +Add button next to the source tracking link so it can be added.
- If you choose to share a URL, enter a source name to indicate where it will be shared. For example on Facebook or the first email campaign.
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button.
- If you need to create additional URLs, repeat steps 4 through 6 for each additional URL that needs to be created.
- The URL can be copied by hovering over it and clicking on the icon that appears.
- You must paste the URL where you want it shared.
How to view tracking results
- To access the Zoom web portal, you must log in.
- Click Webinars on the left side of the screen.
- You must click on the webinar topic for which you want to set up registration tracking before proceeding.
- In the Invitations section, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- You can use this link to see how many people have signed up and how many people have visited this link.
- It is also possible to export a report as a CSV file. This e-mail will contain information such as first name, last name, e-mail address, time the registration was completed, approval status and the link used for registration. The report can be downloaded by clicking the Export All button.