Deploying Zoom for Home Devices
Through the Zoom web portal, administrators can provision personal Zoom Rooms for users with supported Zoom for Home or Zoom Room devices through the Zoom web portal. It simplifies the process of setting up a new account for home users, as administrators can manage and configure basic settings on their behalf.
Note: There is no support for email notifications in personal Zoom rooms.
Prerequisites for Provisioning Zoom for Home Devices
- Role with access to room management
- Zoom Rooms for Appliances version 5.1.2 or later
- Zoom Rooms for macOS version 5.9.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Windows version 5.9.1 or higher
Note: This method cannot be used to provision Zoom for Home smart displays.
Any user in your organization can provision a room device without consuming any of the licenses you have for Zoom Rooms. However, a Zoom Rooms license is required to use optional Personal Zoom Rooms Pro device functionality.
Personal Zoom Rooms Pro device features
In order to use the full Zoom Room functionality, a personal Zoom Room Pro device must be purchased in addition to the ability to use Smart Gallery.
How to provision a device
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You can access Zoom Rooms by clicking on the Room Management tab.
- You can add a room by clicking the Add Room button.
- The room should be named. From the Zoom Personal Room drop-down menu, select Room Type from the drop-down menu.
- To assign a room to a specific user, select the user you want to assign it to and click Finish.
- It is possible to make it a Pro device if you want to get access to the advanced features of the device. Click the toggle next to Make it a Pro Device if you want.
How to configure device settings
- To access the Zoom web portal, you must log in.
- After clicking Room Management, you will be redirected to Zoom Rooms.
- To change a room you need to go to the Rooms category and find the room you want to change and then click Edit next to it.
How a home user completes the setup
A prompt will appear on the device screen once the user has completed the setup instructions. This prompt allows the user to select the provisioned Zoom Personal Room you created for them to activate their device once it has been set up.
Read it too –
frequently asked Questions
How do I set up Zoom for my home?
The pairing code should be entered into the pairing field on the Zoom website: www.zoom.us/pair. After signing in on the Zoom for Home device, you will be prompted to confirm your sign-in attempt. Please click Yes, I am the one you are looking for. You will be notified when the setup process is complete if you do the setup yourself.
What devices is Zoom compatible with?
Operating systems supported by the software
Use the front or back camera to send and receive videos on iOS 8.0 and later. iPod touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS (no front camera), iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 and later.
iPadOS 13 or later.
Android 5.0x or higher
Can I use the same Zoom account on two devices?
There is no limit to how many computers, tablets, and phones you can log into Zoom at the same time. If you have signed in to another device of the same type and accidentally sign in to another device while you are already signed in to a device of the same type, the first device will be automatically signed out.
Is Zoom free for home use?
With Zoom you can join a video conference for free. Host a secure, free video conference on any device, from your laptop to your smartphone to your tablet. In addition to crystal-clear HD video and audio, Zoom also offers powerful collaboration features like screen sharing and annotation, making it easy to start or join video calls.
How do I add a second device to my Zoom?
In Zoom you can use two devices at the same time
Make sure you’re connected to your main device when you join your meeting. …
You can join the same meeting on the second device you signed in on.
If both devices are registered, both devices are displayed in the participant menu.
The meeting can be conducted as usual but with the benefit of having both devices at hand to make the process more efficient.
How do I add a device to my Zoom account?
Add a device to your account by following these steps
You can access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
To access the Phone System Management section of the menu, click Phones and Devices in the left navigation menu.
Add the item to your cart by clicking the Add button.
Please enter the following information: MAC Address: This is the 12-digit MAC address of the device you are trying to connect.
Then click the Save button.
The deployment process should be complete at this point.