Get started as a Zoom Events admin
As a Zoom Events admin, you have access to purchasing Zoom Events licenses and managing users using Zoom Events licenses. The admin can assign a license to a user to allow them to publish events from the user-created Zoom Events hub.
During a Zoom Event, the number of sessions is equal to the number of licenses available for Zoom Events. If an event host is licensed for 1,000 participants in Zoom Events, they can have a maximum of 1,000 people in their webinar or meeting at any one time. The maximum number of participants for a meeting session is 1,000, even if the host has a Zoom Events license for more than 1,000 participants. Meeting capacity is determined by the Zoom Meeting License Capacity number if the meeting is scheduled outside of Zoom Events and the meeting is scheduled outside of Zoom Events.
This article covers:
- How to assign Zoom Events licenses
- How to purchase licenses for Zoom Events
Requirements for getting started as an administrator of Zoom Events
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- Mac OS: 5.7.6 or later
- Mobile Zoom client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or later
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Pro, Business, Enterprise or Education account
- Zoom Events License
- Although Zoom Events is supported in version 5.7.6 of Windows, there is a dependency with the Windows Webview package for the Windows platform; Therefore, the lobby experience for hosts can be empty due to this dependency.
- As admins, we strongly encourage you to update your Zoom desktop client/mobile application to the latest version to access the latest Zoom events and webinar features.
How to assign Zoom Events licenses
To learn how to assign licenses to Zoom Events, see the support article.
How to purchase licenses for Zoom Events
Learn more about purchasing licenses for Zoom Events in our support article.