How to change a user’s password in the Zoom app
Account owners and administrators can change a user’s password by logging into user management and changing the password for that user.
It is possible for a user’s account to be locked if they have entered the wrong password too many times. It is also possible to unblock the user’s account through the Zoom web portal.
Account Owners, Account Admins, and Zoom Room users cannot change the password for their accounts. To change your password, you must reset it yourself.
What are the requirements to change a user’s password?
- Account owners and admins are responsible for managing the account
How to change a user’s password
Change a user’s password by following these steps:
- If you’re an admin with permission to edit account settings, sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- Then click User Management in the search bar at the top of the page, and then click Users.
- Select the email address of the person whose password needs to be changed.
- Then find the section titled Change Login Password and click on it.
- Then ensure that the new password meets the authentication requirements by entering it twice.
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button.
A notification will appear that you will be signed out of all your devices if you change the password. If you want to continue, click OK.
How to unlock a user’s account
To unlock a user’s account, do the following:
- Become an admin of the Zoom web portal with permission to edit groups by logging into the web portal as an admin.
- Go to User Management and then click Users to access the management window.
- You can unblock the account of the user who has blocked their account by clicking Unblock next to their email address.
Once they have unlocked their account, you can see their password under Forgot your password? change. section of Zoom, or they can change their password themselves. Zoom website.