How to control Zoom meetings with CarPlay
Limited meeting controls are available in the Zoom app for cars that support Apple Carplay technology. There are several features you can use with Zoom, including calling one of your contacts, accepting Zoom meeting invitations, and muting during a call.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to call a Zoom contact
- How to answer an incoming Zoom call
Requirements for using Zoom meeting controls with CarPlay
- A car compatible with CarPlay
- A mobile phone:
- You must have the Zoom mobile application for iOS – version 4.1.23139.0402 or higher to use it.
How to use the Zoom meeting controls with CarPlay
How to call a Zoom contact
- If you’re using CarPlay, tap the Zoom icon.
- In order to use Zoom, you will be prompted to tell Siri the name of the Zoom contact you want to contact. After providing the name of the person you want to call, you can click the name of the person you want to call on the CarPlay interface after providing their name.
- Your contact will be contacted by Zoom. If you have integrated calls enabled in the Zoom app settings under Meetings, Zoom will display the call time and meeting controls on your CarPlay screen as soon as you answer the call.
How to answer an incoming Zoom call
- The option to answer the call will appear on your CarPlay interface when you receive a call from a contact using Zoom while your phone is connected to CarPlay.
- Once you answer the call, you can use your CarPlay interface to see the time of the call and control the meeting once you answer.