How to create a Zoom webinar in Salesforce
It is possible for Salesforce to create Zoom webinars. Here you can configure the webinar settings, participants and campaigns that will be used.
Prerequisites for configuring Zoom webinars for Salesforce
- A Zoom account with a webinar license is required
- Salesforce Lightning requires a Salesforce domain
How to configure Zoom webinar settings for Salesforce
- The App Launcher gives you access to the Zoom Config app, which allows you to configure Zoom.
- If you would like Zoom Webinars to receive information about your webinars, the following authorization screen will appear when you click on the Zoom Webinar Settings tab.
- A prompt will appear asking you to authorize the request.
Once you have been granted access to the specific settings, you can adjust them once you have been authorized for access.
- The following checkboxes should be checked under Zoom Webinar Settings:
- Create a campaign for each webinar: As soon as a webinar is created on Zoom, a campaign with the same title is automatically created.
- Add registrants as campaign members: Each time a new registrant registers for your webinar, they become a campaign member in Salesforce.
- Create a new lead: If you enable this setting, you can create a new lead for each of your registrants.
- The settings made have been saved.
How to check the integration
Creating two registrants for a webinar allows you to test and verify that the webinars are properly triggering campaigns. It is then necessary to approve one and reject the other. The registrants should appear in their respective tabs after completing the registration process.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click the Webinars option in the navigation menu.
- Registration approval should be set to manual approval when creating a webinar.
- There should be two different applicants for the webinar.
- Sign in to your Salesforce account.
- Go to Zoom Webinars and click on the webinar you would like to attend.
Note: In order to sync Zoom with Salesforce, you may need to refresh the page a few times.
- Click the Pending Approval link in the Registrant Management section.
- One registrant should be approved and the other rejected.
People who have been denied registration will appear on the Blocked tab, while those who have been approved will appear on the Approved tab.