How to enable or disable call me and invite by phone in the Zoom app
The account owner and admin have the ability to enable or disable the ability for meeting hosts and attendees to join the meeting audio over the phone (Call Me) or invite others over the phone (Call Out).
It is possible for the meeting host and attendees to join the audio using their phone numbers after audio is enabled. This feature also allows the host to invite others by entering their phone numbers into the meeting and asking them to join the meeting.
Required for enabling or disabling Call Me and Invite by Phone.
- There are three types of accounts: Pro, Business, and Enterprise
- Subscribed to the Audio Plan add-on
- Select the countries you want to call to
- Account owners and admins can edit the settings for their accounts and groups
Note: Data centers selected by the account do not affect the callout countries/regions for the account.
How to enable or disable the Call Me and Call features.
For all users in the account, you must enable Call Me and Invite by Phone by following the steps below:
- To access the Zoom web portal, you must be logged in as the account owner or as a user with permission to edit account settings.
- You can access Account Settings by clicking Account Management in the navigation menu.
- On the Audio Conference tab, click the Audio Conference button.
- To enable or disable this feature, you must click the toggle button for Call Me and Invite by Phone.
- A confirmation dialog box may appear. In this case, you should click Enable or Disable to confirm the change you made.
- Depending on the option you select under Call Me, users must press 1 before they can join the meeting? Depending on your preference, you can set it to Auto, Always, or Never.
- Click the pencil icon under the Go to Countries/Regions section.
- Please note that after selecting the desired countries to call to, you must click Save on the resulting pop-up window.
- Check the box next to Allow webinar attendees to use Call Me to connect their audio if your host has a webinar license and you want your host’s attendees to be able to connect their audio to Call Me.
Note: Zoom client version 5.2.2 or higher is required to use this feature for webinars.
- The lock icon can optionally be made mandatory for all users in your account if you wish. Just click on it to confirm the setting for all users in your account.
- You must log in to the Zoom web portal as an owner or admin member with permission to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click User Management. Then on the Groups menu, click Groups.
- Select the appropriate group name from the list, then click the Audio Conferencing tab at the top of the screen.
- It is possible to enable or disable the “Call me and invite me by phone” feature by clicking the toggle switch.
- Click Enable or Disable when a confirmation dialog box appears if a change was made to confirm the change was made.
Note: A grayed out option is a sign that the option has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed there if locked.
- When users are asked if they must press 1 before they can join a meeting from Call Me? You can choose between the following three options: Automatic, Always and Never.
- You must click the pencil icon under Call out countries/regions to edit them.
- Please select the countries you want to call from the “Select Countries/Regions” pop-up window and then click the “Save” button.
- Check the box next to Allow webinar attendees to use Call Me to connect audio if your host has a webinar license and you want them to be able to use the app to connect audio during the webinar.
Note: To use this feature for webinars, you need Zoom client version 5.2.2 or higher.
- You can change this setting to mandatory by clicking the lock icon and then the lock button to confirm the setting. This can be done for all users in the group if desired.
Note: This setting can be viewed at the user level, but only IT admins can make changes to it at the user level.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Settings from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- Select the Audio Conferencing tab on the left side of the screen.
- Make sure Call Me and Invite by Phone are enabled on the device.
- It is recommended that you contact your account admin if Call Me and Invite by Phone are disabled and greyed out.
- Are there any changes that need to be made to require Call Me users to press 1 before joining a meeting? Contact your account administrator if you want to call specific countries or regions.
Read it too –
frequently asked Questions
Can you invite people to Zoom using a phone number?
If you want to invite a phone user, you need to call them during the Zoom meeting in the Zoom room you’re joining. In addition to using Zoom, you can also use a phone number to have a 1-to-1 phone call or use a conference bridge to host a meeting that doesn’t use Zoom.
How do I stop incoming calls to Zoom meetings?
A device running on Android
You need to enable “silent mode”. To do this, you need to turn off “Vibrate in silent mode”. Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting is turned on by navigating to the setting and turning it on. Select the “Nobody” option in both the “Calls” and “Messages” sections of the settings window.
Why doesn’t my Zoom invite have a phone number?
There is a dial-in number for international Zoom meetings that can be called from other countries if the meeting invitation does not include a local number for the country you are in. If a number isn’t listed or has asterisks (***) instead of some numbers, it means that number isn’t available for the account you’re currently logged into.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting and invite someone from my phone?
Use the Zoom mobile app for Android to schedule a meeting with your colleagues
Open the Zoom app on your Android device.
From the menu, choose Sign In.
If you select the SSO option, a list of options will appear.
Select “Next” and enter “LSUHSC” as the school name.
You must enter Your LSUHSC email address and Click the Next button”.
Select “Start Zoom” after completing the authentication process.
After clicking on the Zoom mobile app icon, you will be taken to the app’s home screen.
Does free zoom allow dialing in by phone?
The Zoom service also includes a free global access number (fees may apply at some locations) and the option to subscribe to a plan that includes toll-free numbers, premium rates, area codes, and dedicated access numbers. in numbers for audio conferencing. Only through a licensed meeting host can users connect to a toll-free or toll number to dial into the meeting.
How do I enable Zoom on my phone?
Setup instructions for the Zoom Phone system you own
Once you’re signed in, you can log into the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu you will find the option Phone System Management.
Then click the Setup button.
Start the setup process by clicking the Start setup button.
The main company number can be selected if required. …
After determining your company’s emergency address, review the agreement.
You can now click Done.
What happens if I get a call during a Zoom meeting?
Zoom Phone will display a call notification during an incoming call to help you identify the caller. If your status is set to Do Not Disturb, you will not receive call notifications. When you receive a call notification, click one of these options: Accept: Reply.