How to schedule meetings with the Outlook add-in in Zoom
It is very easy to add Zoom meeting details to calendar events in Outlook when creating a new event, editing an existing event or scheduling a new one after installing the Zoom for Outlook add-in either yourself or by your account admin.
How to schedule a meeting
Note: Zoom’s web portal syncs your scheduling settings with the Zoom desktop app.
- Create a new calendar event by opening your Outlook web calendar and clicking the New Event button.
- The meeting details such as title, location and guest list should be entered.
- Click the three dots on the top toolbar and then select Zoom from the menu that appears. The Zoom sidebar will open and you will be prompted to enter your Zoom credentials.
- Add a Zoom meeting by clicking Zoom and then Add Zoom meeting.
- Enter your username and password to log into your Zoom account. Once you log into the Zoom web portal, you will be automatically logged in if you already have an account on the Zoom web portal.
Note: When you open your Zoom web portal and go to the meeting settings, your default settings are automatically populated in the meeting settings.
How to view, edit, and remove meetings
- The Outlook web calendar can be accessed by opening it.
- When you click on a Zoom meeting, you have the option to edit it.
- The three items in the top toolbar can be accessed by clicking on them. If you see a Zoom account sign-in prompt, please sign in.
- Click on the zoom button.
- Click the Settings button.
- The meeting options can be changed and the changes applied by clicking Update when finished.
Tip: You can load the default settings found on the Zoom web portal by clicking the Load Default Settings button.
- It is possible to remove the Zoom meeting from the event by clicking Remove (optional) if you wish.
Outlook 2013 or 2016 (desktop client)
How to schedule a meeting
Note: Zoom’s web portal syncs your scheduling preferences as soon as you log into Zoom’s website.
- In the Outlook desktop app, switch to the calendar view by opening it.
- On the Home tab of the window, click the New Meeting button.
- Please enter meeting details such as: B. the title, the location and the list of guests.
- On the top toolbar there are three dots that can be clicked.
- From the drop-down menu, click Zoom Settings.
You will be prompted to enter your Zoom credentials in the Zoom sidebar once you click the Zoom button.
- You can choose the video, audio, and meeting settings that work best for your needs. You can add Zoom attendance details to the meeting by clicking the Add Zoom Meeting button.
- Sending the meeting invitation is as easy as clicking the Send button.
How to view and edit meetings
- The Outlook desktop app can be switched to the calendar view by opening the app and clicking on the calendar view.
- If you double-click a Zoom meeting, you can see the details of that meeting.
- In the top toolbar you will find a three-dot icon.
- Under Zoom you will find a section called Settings.
There will be an opening of the Zoom sidebar.
- To apply the changes you made to your meeting options, click the Update button.
Outlook (Android and iOS mobile app)
How to schedule a meeting and add Zoom meeting details to the event
- In the Outlook desktop app, once it opens, switch to the calendar view.
- The button allows you to create a new event in your calendar by tapping on it.
- Enter the details of the meeting, e.g. B. Title, location and guest list.
- The toggle next to Zoom is just below the Location field.
Note: You must tap the Meeting Provider field if a meeting service other than Zoom is listed. To do this, you need to tap on “Zoom” and then on “OK”.
- You’ll need to sign into your Zoom account the first time you use the add-in.
- In the location field add the URL to the meeting and in the description field add the meeting invitation.
Note: Once you log into your Zoom web portal, the meeting settings will be populated with the default settings.
- You can save the meeting by tapping the check mark at the top of the screen.
Read it too –
How to automatically add a Zoom meeting to every calendar event
Those using Microsoft Outlook can set up Zoom meetings to be automatically added to any calendar meeting they schedule in Outlook. Before you can use this feature, the Outlook add-in must be installed and configured on your computer. There is an option to enable this by default, but you must set Zoom as the default meeting service to use it:
- You can do this by opening your Outlook web calendar and clicking on the settings icon.
- The Events and Invitations tab can be accessed by clicking the button below.
- Please make sure the box next to the option to add an online meeting to all meetings is checked.
- Select Zoom from the list of meeting providers on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
It takes a few seconds for the Zoom meeting details to be added to the Outlook meeting details after you start scheduling an Outlook meeting.
Note: Using PowerShell commands, Outlook admins can configure this for specific users within their organization or for their entire organization. For more information about Make Every Meeting Online, see the Microsoft Outlook support article.
How to schedule meetings for others
Learn more about scheduling rights if you want to schedule on behalf of another Zoom user.
Note: This add-in supports scheduling rights for Windows 10 OS 1910 (16.0.12130.20272 or later), Outlook for macOS 2016 version 16.24 and later, and Outlook for Windows 10 OS 1910.
frequently asked Questions
How do I schedule a meeting using Zoom and add it to the calendar?
The desktop application can be accessed via the following link:
- Please open Zoom Desktop on your computer if you are not already logged in. If you haven’t already, please make sure you open the application on your computer and log in.
- The Schedule button is on the Home tab. …
- It is important that you enter the meeting name, date and time in the pop-up window.
- The video settings, the calendar settings, and the security settings can all be adjusted. …
- When you’re done editing, make sure you click the green Save button on the right side of the screen to save your changes as soon as possible.
Why aren’t my Outlook meetings showing up in Zoom?
Please ensure your calendars are properly synced with Zoom if you are having trouble seeing upcoming meetings when Zoom is not showing them. It’s important that you log out of your Zoom account and log back in after updating your Zoom app if you haven’t already.
Where is Zoom in Outlook?
In the upper right corner of Outlook you will find a zoom control that allows you to zoom in and out.
It is also possible to set the zoom preference when composing, replying or forwarding an email by selecting the zoom option in the sidebar.
- Create a new email by clicking the New Email button.
- You can zoom the text by selecting Format Text > Zoom.
- Select the “Zoom” option and set the percentage to 100% (or whatever percentage you prefer).
How to reschedule a Zoom meeting in Outlook?
Once you open the Meetings tab, once you open the meeting you are looking for, you can navigate to the meeting you are looking for, select it, and then click the Edit button once you locate it seek. There are two ways you can take advantage of when using this feature. You can update the meeting’s scheduled time, which isn’t necessary because you can start the meeting at any time, as long as the meeting is available for editing at that time.
How do I enable the Zoom plugin in Outlook on a Mac?
It is very important that you find the current Outlook meeting that you have in your calendar as the first step. The invitation details can be accessed by double-clicking or right-clicking on the invitation. At the top of the invite window, you can click the button to add a Zoom meeting.