How to use Apple’s Center Stage feature with Zoom
In cloud collaboration software like Zoom, Apple just added a new Center Stage feature that keeps the video on while the person in front of the iPad moves. Placing the iPad in the middle of the video allows for a more dynamic and engaging video experience, and you don’t have to move it to stay in the middle.
Requirements for using Apple’s Center Stage feature with Zoom
- Zoom Mobile App for iOS: Version 5.6.6 (423) or higher
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (5th generation)
How to enable Center Stage in a Zoom meeting or webinar
During Zoom meetings or webinars, you can turn this option on or off as you see fit.
- Start a Zoom meeting or webinar, or join an existing one.
- You can access the meeting controls by tapping the screen.
- Turn on video tracking by tapping “Turn on Center Stage” in the top left of the screen.
- Disabling video tracking is as simple as tapping Turn Off Center Stage.