How to use Zoom meetings in Salesforce
The Zoom web portal or Salesforce are two ways you can schedule Zoom meetings. As a result of the integration, meeting information from the Zoom web portal is seamlessly synced with Salesforce events when using the Zoom web portal.
This integration can be used with both Lightning and Classic versions of Salesforce.
With this integration you can do the following:
- Whenever you create, update, or delete an event in Salesforce, you can schedule a Zoom meeting.
- Instant Zoom meetings can be started and auto-created events can be auto-created directly from leads or contacts.
- Your instant meetings appear as part of your activity history and are also listed in the Zoom Meetings section of your profile.
- Reports can be viewed for Zoom meetings.
- The information from Zoom meetings can be synchronized with Salesforce.
- Sync your Google Calendar with your schedule.
Requirements for using Zoom Meetings in Salesforce
- Account for business customers
- A Zoom app for Salesforce is now available
- It is the Salesforce admin’s responsibility to configure Zoom Meeting and add the Zoom Meeting objects to each of the respective Salesforce layouts.
Note: Contact your Zoom and Salesforce admins if the app isn’t installed or you don’t see the available features.
How to start instant meetings in Salesforce
This integration gives you the ability to start instant Zoom meetings directly from these pages by clicking the Start Zoom Meeting button in the quick action menu:
- To lead
- Service appointments (if activated)
Click the Quick Actions dropdown menu for a lead or contact and click the Start Zoom Meeting button when on the lead or contact. There is a Zoom meeting launch button under the lead or contact’s record, and an event is also created under that record.
The option to send emails to participants at the start of the Zoom meeting has been enabled on the Zoom configuration page. In this case, you will be redirected to the email interface page where you can send an email to your attendees with the details of the Zoom meeting.
Send email invitations when you start a meeting
The integration automatically sends an email with the details of the Zoom meeting to the participants once they click the Start Zoom Meeting button.
Note: It is required that the Send email to attendees on startup setting is enabled before this feature can be used.
How to manage Zoom meetings as events
When you create an event in Salesforce, the Zoom Meeting integration gives you the following functionality on the event detail page when you create an event:
- Scheduling Zoom meetings
You have the option to schedule a Zoom meeting when creating or updating an event in Salesforce.
- Start scheduled meetings
To start a Zoom meeting after adding it to an event, simply click the Join URL in the Meeting Details section of the event detail page, or click the Zoom button on the event detail page -Start meeting” after adding the Zoom meeting.
- Configure customer start time
Under the Customer Start Time section, when creating an event, you have the option to set: the date, time, and time zone.
For these settings, the customer is asked to enter their preferences. The start and end time of the event is displayed in the customer’s time zone after the event is saved. The system will automatically adjust the meeting start time and convert it to your time zone once the meeting starts.
- Sending emails when planning events
It is possible to send an email to your contacts, leads and users when you add a Zoom meeting to an event by clicking the send email button. In the “Enter attendee email addresses” field, you can enter the email addresses of additional attendees to add to your event.
- Using Zoom PMI and Join Before Host options
My Zoom PMI: You can schedule Zoom meetings using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) by logging into your Zoom account.
- Join before host: To make your Zoom meeting easier, make sure participants can join the meeting before the hosts start or join it.
View and update meeting details in Salesforce
Note: The meeting must have at least two participants to be successful.
On the details page of a Zoom meeting, you can see information about that meeting. After the Zoom meeting ends, the host can share the meeting details with you.
You can update the information manually by clicking the Sync Meeting Details button. From the Zoom web portal, this method retrieves the latest meeting information and updates the Zoom meeting status, start and duration information, participants, and recording information of the Zoom meeting.
Part of the integration is the automatic synchronization of the data on an hourly basis as part of the daily routine.
How to create events for external Zoom meetings
Note: In order to sync external Zoom meetings to Salesforce, the admin needs to enable the integration.
You can use the Zoom web portal or the Zoom client to create external Zoom meetings to hold meetings with others. As a result of the integration, Zoom meetings are automatically found in Salesforce and events are created according to the appropriate contacts and leads in Salesforce.
When setting up external Zoom meetings, be sure to do the following to ensure they sync successfully to Salesforce:
- There is an active Salesforce user hosting the Zoom meeting.
- A Salesforce contact or lead owner is the person hosting the Zoom meeting.
- It is required that at least one of the participants is a Salesforce contact or lead.
- In Salesforce, the meeting attendee’s first and last names match those of the contact or lead with the same first and last name. Zoom meeting participants are matched to the appropriate contact and lead based on the first and last names used in the integration.
View details of external Zoom meetings
Zoom meetings can be associated with Salesforce contacts and leads, and meetings can be scheduled with events. You can also view external Zoom meeting activity history under each contact or lead for a specific meeting.
If you want to join an external Zoom meeting, follow these steps:
- From the App Launcher, click External Zoom Meetings after opening the App Launcher.
- Please enter the date range you would like Zoom meetings to be filled in.
- Click the Get Details button.
- You can choose to associate a contact or a lead with your account.
- For the selected meetings, click the Create Events button.
Note: It is possible to view up to 2700 records in external Zoom meetings in the last month. The time interval may have to be reduced so that fewer than 2700 data records are displayed in the event of an error message.
How to view reports
Then click the Zoom Report button under the Report tab. In this folder you will find three different types of reports:
- Zoom Events: All events with Zoom meetings are included in this report. It contains the following information: subject, start date, account, contact, and opportunity information.
- All Zoom meetings by status: In this report you will find all events that a Zoom meeting is involved in, grouped by the status of that Zoom meeting. Report information includes the following information: title (Zoom meeting topic), start time, end time, duration (in minutes), number of participants, and participants in the Zoom meeting.
- All Zoom Meetings by User by User Status: In this report you will find all events that have a Zoom meeting associated, grouped by user and then by Zoom meeting status. As part of the report, the following information is included: subject (the subject of the Zoom meeting), start time, end time, duration (in minutes), participant count, and participants.
frequently asked Questions
Can you integrate Zoom with Salesforce?
Zoom’s integration with Salesforce lets you accept, start, and schedule meetings from within Salesforce. The Zoom Meetings feature allows you to quickly set up Zoom meetings with leads and view the Zoom meetings you have scheduled. It is possible to integrate Salesforce with Zoom via the Salesforce AppExchange and the Zoom Marketplace.
How do I install the Zoom app in Salesforce?
On the Salesforce AppExchange, select Get It Now to download the Zoom app. Sign in to your Salesforce admin (production) account when prompted. 2. If you want to install into production or sandbox, select the appropriate option.
How does Zoominfo integrate with Salesforce?
- Visit zoominfo.com/login to log in.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu at the top right of your screen.
- Under the Salesforce tile on the Integrations tab on the left, select Connect.