How to use Zoom’s Confluence chatbot
It is now possible to receive chat messages from Zoom’s integrated Atlassian Confluence account to receive notifications of new and updated pages, blogs and comments from your connected Confluence account every time they are created or updated. You can use slash commands to get help connecting to the Confluence chatbot or to configure it according to your needs.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to install and configure
- Install the Atlassian Marketplace integration
- Configure the Confluence chatbot subscription
- How to use the Confluence chatbot
- How to remove the Confluence chatbot
- Uninstalling the Confluence chatbot from the Atlassian Marketplace
- Remove the Confluence chatbot from the Zoom Marketplace
Requirements for using the Confluence chatbot
- An account that can be used as an administrator in Atlassian Confluence
- Zoom Marketplace has pre-approved the Confluence chatbot for inclusion in its marketplace
- Note: You must contact your Zoom administrator if the app is not pre-approved.
How to install and configure
note: You must install the Confluence Chatbot directly from the Atlassian Marketplace in order to install it. If you want to download the application on Zoom Marketplace, you can click Visit Site To Install and follow the instructions below.
Install the Atlassian Marketplace integration
- You must log in to your Confluence account as an administrator.
- The Confluence Marketplace can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
- You can find Zoom for Confluence by searching for it and clicking the Download Now button.
- Select the website where you want to install the app and click the Install button.
- After installation, a message will appear informing you that the app was installed successfully. Click the Get Started button to get started.
- After clicking Connect to Zoom, you will be prompted to confirm the permissions the app needs and asked to allow them. You will receive an automatic installation of the Confluence chatbot from your admin if your admin has already installed it on the Confluence client for you.
Configure the Confluence chatbot subscription
- Sign into your account using the Zoom desktop client and navigate to the Zoom chat channel you wish to join.
- You need to type the command /confluence connect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net and click on the submit button.
- You will receive an email from Zoom explaining how to link your Confluence account to Zoom if you have not already done so.
- There is a link in the message response that you must click and confirm by clicking within Confluence.
- Entering /confluence connect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net more than once in your Zoom chat channel will be successful.
- You can do this by typing /confluence configure on the command line.
- The link will be sent to you in a reply to your email. You can view the document by clicking the link below.
- Your subscription will be configured here, so be sure to check it out. The Confluence chatbot can be configured to send updates to your Zoom chat channel depending on your choice of domain, channels, sections and criteria. There are a number of criteria that must be met, including:
- New blog created.
- Blog updated.
- New page created.
- page updated.
- Added new comment.
- After completing the configuration, a Confluence chatbot is now available for this chat channel.
How to use the Confluence chatbot
Once you have configured your Zoom chat channel, you will receive a notification regarding your preferences in your Zoom chat channel once you have configured your subscription. Confluence Chatbot also provides the following commands that you can use to interact with it.
- Connect: To add a subscription to your company’s current channel, type /confluence connect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net.
- Disconnect: To completely delete all subscriptions associated with your current channel, type /confluence disconnect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net.
- Configure: The subscriptions for your current channel can be viewed and managed by typing /confluence configure on the command line. To view and manage all subscriptions associated with your account, type /confluence configure all at the command line.
How to remove the Confluence chatbot
Uninstall the Confluence chatbot from the Atlassian Marketplace
- After you have logged in to Confluence as an administrator, do the following: Go to Manage apps.
- Click Manage and then Added apps to view the added apps.
- You can remove Zoom by clicking the Remove button next to it.
- Click the Remove button after confirming the dialog box.
Remove the Confluence chatbot from the Zoom Marketplace
- You can access the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating to the Zoom Marketplace page.
- Search for and download Confluence from your app store, or select Manage and then click Added apps and then the app you want.
- Select Confluence from the list and click the Remove button.
- Click the Uninstall button after confirming the dialog box.