IM dashboard improvements in the Zoom app
Zoom Group Messaging product, Zoom Chat, is launching a new reporting tool, IM Dashboard, on July 1st for Zoom Chat, allowing account admins and owners to get an account-by-account overview of their account’s usage metrics. Now that we’ve grown and become one of our most popular products, we’re changing the way we measure and display information about Zoom Chat usage on our dashboard as our product and user base continues to grow and evolve . As a result, the new dashboard results are based on more accurate and granular usage metrics, in addition to an updated dashboard interface. This will improve the accuracy and granularity of dashboard results in the future.
For an overview of the extensions, see this article.
In this article we will discuss the following topics:
- Dashboard UI improvements
- New metrics
- reading improvements
- Other UI improvements
Dashboard UI improvements
- In the Zoom Dashboard, the IM tab has been renamed to Zoom Chat
- Groups have been renamed to “Channels & Group Chats” in the “Group” column
- The Voice column is renamed to the Audio column
- I have sent you animated GIFs (Giphys).
- Code snippets have been sent to you
- At the account level, the total number of 1-to-1 messages sent
- A text-only message with no attachments
- I’ve expanded the definition of a sent file to include both files sent locally and files sent through file sharing integrations (Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Microsoft SharePoint).
- Expanding the definition of a sent image to include the following image formats: a PNG image, a JPG image, and a screen capture image
- Removed the metrics associated with received messages from the dashboard
- Metrics for using emojis will be removed
- Metrics for calls are now included in usage reports instead of call metrics
- Improving how Zoom measures chat usage metrics to make them more accurate
Other UI improvements