Invite by phone and call from Zoom Rooms
During a Zoom meeting in a Zoom Room, you can call a phone user to invite them. If you want to join a non-Zoom meeting, you can also call a phone number.
This article covers:
- How to invite by phone while in a Zoom Rooms meeting
- How to call a phone number from Zoom Rooms
- SIP phone integration or audio plan add-on
- zoom phone
Requirements for inviting by phone and calling from Zoom Rooms
- During a meeting, invite someone over the phone
- Zoom Rooms Add-On: Audio Plan
- Using Zoom Rooms to call a phone number (one of the following is required)
- Zoom Rooms integrates SIP phones
- Zoom Rooms add-on for Audio Plan
- Zoom Rooms now come with Zoom Phone licenses
How to invite by phone while in a Zoom Rooms meeting
Note: Audio plans are required for the telephone invitation. Zoom Rooms with Zoom Phone licenses cannot be invited by phone without an audio plan.
- Zoom Rooms can be used to start or join meetings.
- The Zoom Room Controller has two buttons: Manage Participants and Invite.
- From the tabs, select Phone.
- If you are dialing an international number, tap the country code icon in the top left.
- Tap the phone icon after dialing a number.
- You can also view previously dialed numbers by tapping the down arrow in the top right. To call the number, tap on it.
How to call a phone number from Zoom Rooms
SIP phone integration or audio plan add-on
If you’ve integrated a SIP phone into Zoom Rooms or added the Audioplan add-on to your account, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- On the Zoom Rooms controller, you can tap Phone in the left panel.
- When dialing from abroad, you can select a country code by tapping the flag icon on the phone’s screen.
- Once you dial the number, you can tap the phone icon.
- With the icon in the top right of the screen, you can also view the numbers you previously dialed by tapping on them. You can dial the number displayed on the screen by tapping it.
- Tap the icon when you want to call someone in your contacts list, then select the contact you want to contact from the list that appears.
If you want to add Zoom Rooms to Zoom Phone, follow these steps:
- On the left side of the Zoom Rooms controller is a phone button.
- To make a call, choose from the following methods:
Note: There is an area in the lower-right corner of the screen where you can see the Zoom Phone extension number and the room extension number (if it has one assigned). If you want to change the Outgoing Caller ID in your room’s phone settings, you can do that by changing the Outgoing Caller ID option.
- Tap the phone icon after entering a number using the dial pad.
- The down arrow at the top right of the screen can be tapped to display a list of numbers already dialled. To dial the displayed number, you need to tap it on the screen.
- Click the contact icon to see other users within the organization who have a similar phone number. To contact the contact, you need to tap on the phone icon.
- Most Zoom Phone controls can be used during the call. Alternatively, you can adjust the speaker volume by tapping and dragging the volume slider.
Note: You cannot record a call using the Zoom Room Controller.