Joining a third-party meeting from a Zoom Room
Meetings can be joined with Zoom Rooms from Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Fuze, or Google Hangout, and participants can join the meeting with just one click. As such, these features can be useful for companies that are migrating to Zoom from other video conferencing solutions, or for companies that are working with vendors and customers who use third-party meeting services and are migrating to Zoom from them.
A third-party interoperability service such as Polycom RealConnect, Pexip, Webex CMR, or GTM InRoomLink is required for Skype for Business, WebEx, and GoToMeeting to enable interoperability. Zoom Rooms have the ability to access third-party meeting details included in third-party invitations as long as the invitation includes a SIP address to allow for interop dial-in. Zoom Rooms can then generate a one-touch join button for the third-party meeting that can be accessed from the invite.
Some organizations can join as audio-only attendees if they have either Skype for Business, WebEx, or GoToMeeting but don’t have the interoperability services listed above. A Google Hangouts meeting will always be audio-only, regardless of the availability of interoperability services, as audio-only participants can always join the meeting. With a click of a button, you can join the audio conference in the Zoom Room. Callout is an option that must be enabled in your Zoom audio conferencing schedule to enable this feature. A meeting with a third party can be held in the room using a computer that is connected to the display in the room, allowing the participants in the room to view content and receive video from the computer. A Zoom Room allows you to share your screen with others.
Requirements for Joining a Third-Party Meeting
For video, audio and screen sharing
- License for Zoom Rooms
- An interop service must be enabled by the third-party meeting host:
- Polycom Real Connect
- Webex CMR
- InRoomLink by GTM
- (BlueJeans Meetings already includes BlueJeans Interop)
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for PC version 4.3.0 (390.0130) is required
- 4.3.0 (446.0130) or later of Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac is required
- The latest version of Zoom Room Appliances is 5.7.0 (1439)
- The Zoom Rooms Controller requires iOS version 4.3.6 (220.0125) or higher
- You must have Android 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or later to use the Zoom Rooms Controller on your Android device
- Windows 4.3.6 (13374.0129) or later is required for Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows
For audio only
- An audio conferencing plan that supports callouts
- It is recommended to install Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms for PC version 4.1.27694.0702 or higher
- The latest version of Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms for Mac is 4.1.27694.0702 or higher.
- Zoom Rooms Controller is required for iOS devices running version 4.3.27601.0628 or later
- A Zoom Rooms Controller for Android version 4.3.27613.0629 or later is required
- 4.3.7629.0629 or later version of Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows is required
Note: To use Zoom Phone’s audio-only dialing service, you must use third-party SIP integrations.
How to enable the dial-in feature for third-party conferencing
- You can access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- Then under Room Management, click Zoom Rooms.
- Choose a location hierarchy in Zoom Rooms and enable this setting there.
- Switch to the Meetings tab.
- Zoom Rooms supports dialing in to third-party conferences by clicking the icon next to it.
- If you would like to enable this as well, please select the option to support Microsoft Teams meetings in Zoom Rooms. Make sure the Require encryption for third-party endpoints (SIP/H.323) option is unchecked before joining Fuze meetings.
How to use 3rd party SIP/H.323 one-click join
I would recommend sending the room a calendar invite with the meeting information provided by the third-party service, including the meeting’s SIP/H.323 address and meeting ID.
To join a meeting from your Zoom Room, you must tap Home on your Zoom Room’s controller, then find the meeting invitation and tap Join to join the meeting.
Note: Prerequisites must be met before you can begin the process. A third-party meeting service (Polycom RealConnect, Pexip, Webex CMR, or GTM InRoomLink) is required to support this feature (Polycom RealConnect, Pexip, Webex CMR, or GTM InRoomLink).
How to use third-party conferencing
Include the third-party service’s meeting ID in the calendar invite.
You can join the meeting by tapping Join Audio on the Zoom Rooms controller.
Once you join the meeting, a Zoom Room Controller is available.
Read it too –
You should test your account for the Conference Room Connector licenses, or if it has an audio conferencing plan with Callout enabled, if you don’t have the Join button, confirm that the Support third-party conferencing dial-in setting is enabled for the room.
frequently asked Questions
Can you join a team meeting via Zoom Room?
Microsoft Teams meetings can also be joined from Zoom Rooms if users are using Microsoft Teams. It is possible to join a Microsoft Teams meeting through the Zoom portal if you log into the Zoom portal from a Zoom room. In the Room Management section, click Zoom Rooms. The Account Settings tab can be found by clicking the Account Settings link and selecting Meetings.
How do I join a Zoom meeting in a Zoom Room?
In this article, I’ll show you how to join a Zoom session using the mobile app
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile device and sign in.
- Meetings can be found under the Calendar tab in the sidebar.
- Locate the meeting and click to select it.
- You can join a room by tapping the Join From Room button. You can use the mobile app to find Zoom Rooms near you. Alternatively, if no passkey is recognized, you must enter the passkey that is shown on the Zoom Room display if no passkey is recognized.
Can you join a WebEx meeting from a Zoom Room?
There are numerous ways to invite Zoom Rooms to meetings, which can be done through Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Fuze, Google Hangouts, or BlueJeans, and participants can join with a single click.
What is the benefit of a Zoom room?
Zoom Rooms, for example, allow users to share HD video and audio with others in a multi-user environment, but also help them collaborate in other ways. They allow users to use a variety of devices to wirelessly share content, whiteboard, chat, and even share their screens.