Management of the main company number and caller ID in the Zoom app
The main company number you selected when setting up your Zoom account can be viewed or changed by the account owner or admin since you are the one who selected it. If an outside caller calls the company’s main number and dials the user’s extension, they can reach the user by calling the company’s main number and their extension. Phone users can also use it as their caller ID when making calls by using it as their caller ID when using their phones.
Note: The company’s central auto-receptionist is assigned a main company number. In other words, if you dial the main company number, the main car reception will be contacted. Having a number assigned to your main location’s official receptionist is the main company number if you have multiple locations.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to change the main company number
- How to remap a phone number to the main company number
- How to change the main company or website caller id name
- There are three types of accounts available: Professional, Business, and Education
- Account ownership or administrative rights to the account
- A license for Zoom Phone is required
How to change the main company number
When setting up your company for the first time, you have the option of selecting your main company number. To view or change your company’s main company number, please follow the steps below.
- You must log into Zoom’s web portal to access the service.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, and then select Phone Numbers from the submenu.
- Click the Assigned tab on the left side of the screen.
At the top of the page you can see the main company number.
- The main company number can be changed by clicking on the drop down menu at the top of the screen. One of the following options is available to you:
- There are a number of numbers assigned to the main automatic receiving system that you can choose from. It is likely that the main car reception will continue to use the previous main company number.
- Delete your unassigned number by clicking Select Unassigned Number. Then click Confirm to confirm that you want to use an unassigned number. If you want to buy a new phone number, you can also click Get Numbers in the menu on the left. You can choose from the following options:
- Replace & keep: If the selected number is not available, the previous main company number will be replaced with the selected number. If your company previously had a main number, you can assign that number to the new company.
- Note: You must have an available phone number license to see this option.
- Replace & Delete: The main company number will be replaced with the selected number and the old number will be deleted after the new number is applied. In this case, two phone number licenses are used.
How to remap a phone number to the main company number
The following steps show you how to assign an extension to the main company number and main car receptionist if you have assigned an extension to a phone user, call queue, common area phone, or Zoom Room.
Note: You can also change the number assigned to each phone user, call queue, common phone area, auto attendant, or Zoom Room.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- On the navigation menu, click Phone System Management, and then click Phone Numbers on the menu.
- The main company number can be assigned to any number by clicking on the number you want to assign.
- You can unbind a phone user, room, call queue, or auto receptionist name by clicking the Unbind button next to Assigned To.
- Please click the Yes button to confirm your decision. You can see the number in the unassigned numbers list once it has been assigned.
- You can find the Assigned tab on the left side of the screen.
The main company number is displayed at the top of the page.
- Selecting an unassigned number can be done by clicking on the drop down menu.
- After selecting a number from the list of unassigned numbers, click the Confirm button to confirm your choice. Choose one of the following options from the list below:
- Replace & keep: This number can be replaced with the current main company number, whereby the existing number can also be kept. This number can be assigned to the company that previously had this number as the main number.
- Note: To see this option you need a license for an available phone number.
- Replace & Delete: I would like to inform you that I have replaced the main company number with the selected number and then deleted the previous main company number. It’s the same license used for the phone number.
How to change the main company or website caller id name
When an outbound call is made from the organization, the caller’s name appears in the caller ID. Remember that if you have multiple sites, you must change the caller ID name of each site individually. You cannot change the caller ID name of a specific user.
- To use the caller ID service, you must use a phone number in the United States or Canada.
- Due to the process involved in discovering your outgoing caller ID name, the parties receiving your call will not be able to see the new caller ID immediately. It can take anywhere from 3 weeks to a month to update the new external provider caller ID name.
- Only one main company number can be assigned to your organization, even if your organization has multiple locations. A caller ID name applied to the main company number is the one used for the main website.
- You can access the Zoom web portal by logging into your account.
- You need to click Phone System Management in the navigation menu and then Company Information in the next menu.
- To change your account settings, click the Account Settings link.
- Depending on whether you have more than one location, you can choose one of the following options:
- If you have multiple sites enabled:
- To edit a site you need to click on its name and then click on the Settings tab and then you can edit the site.
- It is possible to deactivate several websites at the same time:
- To access your account settings, click the Account Settings link.
- Click the Change button next to the current Caller ID name in the Caller ID Names section.
- Click Save after entering a new name for your caller ID.
Note: Some restrictions apply to the caller ID name.
- A maximum of 15 characters can be used in the message
- If you specify only uppercase letters in Zoom Phone, all letters will appear in uppercase no matter how you set it up
- Special characters may not be used in the password