Managing OnZoom event types
As a host, you can create webinars and meetings. To conduct the webinars and meetings, Zoom Webinars is used while Zoom Meetings is used for the meetings. There are different types of events that hosts can choose from based on the type of interactivity and experience they want for their event attendees. The benefit of hosting webinars is that they give hosts the opportunity to present to a larger audience and they have more control over presentations, attendees and panelists than when attending in-person events. At a meeting event, attendees and hosts have more opportunities to interact and engage with each other and each other. You can customize these two types of events to suit your attendees’ preferences as well as your own.
A range of Zoom Meetings licenses are available, as well as Zoom Webinar licenses, allowing you to host events with up to 50,000 participants, 1,000 panelists and/or alternate hosts as per your Zoom account subscription.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to choose an event type for your attendees
- When to choose the type of webinar event
- When to choose the meeting event type
- How to add a license for Zoom Webinars
- How to invite panelists and alternate hosts to webinar events
- How to increase attendee capacity for events
- Increase the maximum participant capacity of the webinar event
- Increase the maximum participant capacity of the meeting event
- How to create a webinar event
- How to create a meeting event
Prerequisites for OnZoom event types
- Scheduling meetings for professionals, businesses, companies or students
- A licensed Zoom Webinars user (500, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000, or 50000) with the Zoom Webinars add-on is required
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.6.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.6.3 or higher
How to choose an event type for your attendees
There is a key difference between a webinar and a meeting event, which can be found in the extent to which the audience (the participants) are allowed to participate in the event.
When to choose the type of webinar event
Throughout the event, the host is responsible for presenting and controlling the experience. In the event attendees wish to turn on their audio and video devices, they can do so, but cannot do so during the session, but they can interact with the host and panelists through the following options:
When to choose the meeting event type
If this feature is enabled, attendees can join the event (if this feature is enabled) by enabling:
How to add a license for Zoom Webinars
If you are using a Zoom Basic webinar license, you can host the following OnZoom events:
- The duration of the webinar is limited to 40 minutes.
- There is a maximum number of participants for each event, which can reach 100 people.
- Only the Zoom Webinars brand logo can be displayed on the screen.
- In the event options section, there is no way to change cloud recording settings or set up cloud recording access permissions.
It is possible to purchase an additional Zoom Webinar license for your event if you require additional functionality not included in the basic webinar license by visiting your account billing page or contacting sales. After purchasing a Zoom Webinar license, you can assign it to your account.
How to invite panelists and alternate hosts to webinar events
As part of creating your webinar event, or after your event has already been published, you can invite up to 100 panelists or alternate hosts.
Note: A separate email invitation will be sent to panelists separately from invitees to attendees, containing a unique link to join and other information for joining the panel.
How to increase attendee capacity for events
Increase the maximum participant capacity of the webinar event
In most cases, a webinar event can accommodate 500-50,000 participants depending on the webinar license you are subscribed to, and this number depends on how many people are attending your webinar. Upgrade your Zoom webinar license if you want to increase the maximum number of participants in your webinar event. The number of participants for your webinar is not affected by the number of alternate hosts or panelists, but is limited by the maximum capacity of your meeting room.
Increase the maximum participant capacity of the meeting event
According to the meeting license assigned to you as a meeting organizer, the maximum number of participants is between 100 and 1,000, and this number depends on what type of meeting you are hosting. Your Zoom Meeting license can be upgraded to increase the number of participants in your meeting event.
How to create a webinar event
An online webinar is a great way to avoid potential audience distractions during the event. Video and audio will only be turned on for the host, cohosts, or panelists during this event.
Creating a webinar event is as easy as following these steps:
- Join OnZoom by signing up.
- From the Create menu, choose Event.
- Providing the basic information for the event is the first step in this process.
- Once you create an event, you have the option to choose the type of event you want to create.
- Then, under the Choose if this is a free or paid event line, you need to select either Free or Paid.
- Click Save and Continue when you’re finished entering the rest of the details for your event.
How to create a meeting event
In meetings, attendees can encourage audience participation by allowing their video and audio devices to turn on and off at their discretion.
To create an event for a meeting, follow these steps:
- Make sure you’re signed in to OnZoom.
- You can create a new project by clicking the Create button.
- Make sure you enter the event’s basic information.
- Whenever you create an event, you can choose the type of event you want to create from the drop-down menu.
- Select whether this is a free event or a paid event under Choose whether this is a free event or a paid event.
- Enter the rest of the information about the event, then click Save and continue to continue.