Recording in Zoom Rooms
Zoom Room meetings can be recorded by remote participants in the cloud or on a local device.
This article covers:
- How to record meetings
- Recording in the cloud
- Recording on a local device
- How to view the recording
- View cloud recordings for scheduled meetings
- View cloud recordings for instant meetings
- View local recordings
Requirements for inclusion in Zoom Rooms
- License for Zoom Rooms
- Versions 5.0.5 and later of Zoom Rooms
- Versions 5.0.5 and later of the Zoom Rooms controller
- Zoom Rooms can record locally or in the cloud
- Host privileges are required for the meeting
How to record meetings
Recording in the cloud
- Zoom Room Controllers allow you to start an instant meeting or schedule a meeting
- You can start recording by tapping the Start Recording button on your controller:
- If you are in an instant meeting, a cloud recording link will be sent to your email address.
- If you’re in a scheduled meeting, you’ll receive the cloud recording link to the email address of the host who scheduled the meeting for you a few minutes before the meeting starts.
- You can stop your audio recording by selecting Stop Recording or by clicking Stop and then clicking Stop Meeting For All.
Recording on a local device
- Start an instant or scheduled meeting on your Zoom Room Controller
- Select the participant you want to grant recording rights to and tap Manage Participants. Provide permissions by tapping Allow Recording.
- Recording can be started by clicking Record.
How to view the recording
View cloud recordings for scheduled meetings
- You can access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- Click Recordings.
- The cloud recording files can be viewed by clicking the meeting topic.
To view or download the recording file, the host will receive an email notification.
View cloud recordings for instant meetings
The cloud recording link will be sent to the email address provided when the recording was started. This email contains a link to view or download the recording file.
View local recordings
Your Zoom client settings can tell you where your local recordings are stored.
- Sign in to Zoom’s desktop client.
- You can change your profile settings by clicking on your profile picture.
- Click Recording.
- In addition to local recording, the following options are available:
- The local recordings folder opens when you click Open.