Set the playback range for cloud recordings in Zoom
On the Recordings page, when you click on a video recording that you want to play, it takes you to a new tab in your browser that includes a download and share option. A split video can also have a playback range set so that it starts and ends at the times you specify, removing any unnecessary portions from the beginning and end of the video.
There is no trimming of your recordings when using the playback panel. Regardless of the play range setting, the downloaded recording will still play at the same length as the original recording. The audio transcript for cloud recordings can also be viewed if the feature has been enabled.
Note: If the user is viewing the recording in a low-bandwidth mode on their computer such as Internet Explorer or Safari, or on a mobile device, the playback range does not apply to them.
Requirements for setting the playback range of a cloud recording
- Cloud recording is enabled in your Zoom account
How to trim the beginning and end of a Zoom Cloud recording
- You can access the Zoom web portal by logging into your account.
- Using the navigation bar, select Recordings from the drop-down menu.
- Please click on the meeting topic you want to play the video for and then click on the thumbnail for the video you want to watch.
A new browser tab will show you how the recording is playing, along with available controls including play/pause, volume, speed, set playback range, show/hide subtitles and full screen options.
- To set the playback range, click the Set Playback Range button.
- When you have set the recording start and end time, click Save to save the recording settings.
- On the Zoom web portal where the recording is located, click the Copy shareable link button to copy the link to your computer.
Note: clicking the share link will give you access to a recording that will only play for the specified duration. Viewers can still access the full recording if you enable downloads for the recording, even if you enable downloads for the recording.