Set up Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) using the Zoom app
To allow H.323 or SIP devices to connect to Zoom meetings through Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM or CallManager), it is recommended that you configure SIP profiles and trunks in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM or CallManager). . As a result of this configuration, two content streams can be provided and the meeting quality can be optimized.
This article covers:
- How to set up CISCO Unified Communications Manager with Zoom
- Set up the SIP trunk security profile
- Configure the SIP profile
- Creating SIP Trunk to VCS
- Checking the advanced setting from neighboring zone to CUCM
How to set up CISCO Unified Communications Manager with Zoom
Set up the SIP trunk security profile
- The SIP trunk security profile can be found in the System > Security section of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.
- Click Add New to create a new project.
- Configure the security profile for the SIP trunk.
- Save the file.
Configure the SIP profile
- In your Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration, navigate to Device > Device Settings > SIP Profile.
- Select Cisco VCS Default SIP Profile.
- Best Effort is the option to choose during the early offer for voice and video calls.
- Make sure SDP information is enabled
- Share presentations with BFCP
- Enable iX Application Media
- Answer SDP with multiple codecs
Creating SIP Trunk to VCS
- The first step is to navigate to Device > Trunk on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration page.
- Depending on your needs and configuration, enter the device information and the device pool information.
- For the SIP information, you need to add the IP address and port of the VCS Control Server or the VCS Expressway C-Server.
- The name you entered in Step 3 of the SIP Trunks Security Profile setup above, Zoom SIP Trunk, is the name you entered in the SIP Trunks Security Profile setup step 4 above.
- The SIP profile name that you enter in Step 4 of the Configure SIP Profile procedure is Zoom SIP Profile, so use that for the SIP profile.
- The tribe should be saved and then reset.
Checking the advanced setting from neighboring zone to CUCM
- From the Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration screen, navigate to Configuration > Zones > Zones.
- To access the Neighborhood Zone for CUCM, click the link.
- It is important to ensure that ICE support is enabled in the settings.
- The zone profile should be changed to Custom.
- The ring signaling mode must be set to Always in the ring signaling settings.