Set your presence status in the Zoom app
Below are the presence status icons used in the Zoom desktop client and mobile app.
- If the admin disables the display of presence status for external contracts, you will not see any presence status for external contacts.
- The mobile app does not allow you to manually adjust your presence
Requirements for setting your presence status
- Client for Zoom desktop
- Version 5.0.0 or later required for Windows
- MacOS version 5.0.0 or higher is required
- Linux requires version 5.0.0 or higher
- PWA for Zoom
Presence Status Icons
|Offline||The contact is not signed in to the Zoom desktop client or mobile app.|
|online (desktop)||The contact is signed in to the Zoom desktop client.
Note: If the contact is also signed in to the Zoom mobile app, this status overrides the mobile client status
|online (mobile)||The contact is signed in to the Zoom mobile client only.|
|Away||The contact is signed in to the Zoom desktop client, but their computer is idle or they have manually set their status to Away.|
|Do not disturb||The contact has manually set their status to Do Not Disturb and is not receiving toast notifications for IM or Zoom Phone calls in the Zoom desktop client or mobile app.|
|In a Zoom meeting||The contact started or joined a Zoom meeting from the Zoom desktop client or mobile app.|
|Present||The contact shares their screen during a Zoom meeting.|
|On a call||The contact is on a Zoom Phone call using the Zoom desktop client or mobile app.|
|In a calendar event||The contact is in a calendar event (from a synced calendar) but hasn’t joined a Zoom meeting from the desktop client or mobile app.|
|chat error||Chat message could not be sent (also applies to files and images)|
How to set your presence status
window | macOS | Linux
- Open Zoom on your desktop.
- To the right of your profile picture, click the status you want to view.
The duration of Do Not Disturb can be chosen when you select it.
- Open Zoom PWA and sign in.
- You can change your status by clicking on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
Do Not Disturb can be enabled for a specific period of time if you select it.