Testing a Zoom Room setup
Zoom Room can be set up without a license if you want to test Zoom Room functionality or join meetings without paying for a license. In an unlicensed room, you can only use a limited number of features when you test a meeting or join a meeting. The ability to send and receive video and audio is at your fingertips. However, you cannot invite attendees to the event, record the event, or share the content with others.
It is possible to test a Zoom Room remotely if you have already logged into a Zoom Rooms display using the web-based Zoom Rooms controller.
This article covers:
- How to set up a Zoom Room for testing
- How to start a test meeting
- How to join a meeting
Requirements for testing a Zoom Room setup
- Zoom Rooms version 5.1.0 or higher is required
- There is an app for the Zoom Rooms Controller that is compatible with iOS versions 5.1.0 and later
- Android version 5.1.0 or later is required to use the Zoom Rooms Controller app
How to set up a Zoom Room for testing
- You should install both Zoom Rooms for Conference Room on the computer and the Zoom Rooms app on the controller to set up Zoom Rooms for Conference Room.
- On your computer, open the Zoom Rooms application and sign in with your Zoom account.
- On the controller, you need to open the Zoom Rooms application.
Once the pairing code is displayed, the computer will pair with the device.
- Enter the following code on the controller.
After starting a Zoom room, you can join a meeting or start a test meeting in your Zoom room.
How to start a test meeting
You can start a test meeting with limited functionality by tapping Start test meeting on the controller. Video and audio can be sent and received during a test meeting. Participants cannot be invited, recordings cannot be made and content cannot be shared.
How to join a meeting
An unlicensed room can be used to join a meeting. You can share video and audio, as well as view other people’s screens. No participants can be invited, no recordings can be made and no content can be shared.
- Click Join.
- Please enter the meeting ID.
- Click the Join button.