Troubleshooting Logs for Zoom Rooms
I would recommend opening a support ticket with Zoom Support before sending us any troubleshooting logs. Once a ticket has been created we will get back to you with further instructions. We would appreciate if you could follow the steps below to create the troubleshooting logs when asked by Zoom Support.
In this article we will discuss the following topics:
- How to Submit a Problem Report on the iPad/Android Controller
- How to submit a problem report through the web portal
- How to get Zoom Room audio logs
How to send a problem report to iPad/Android controllers
- The Zoom Controller app can be accessed by tapping the Settings button.
- You can find the About option in the Settings menu.
- You can find help by tapping the Help button.
- To send a problem report, tap the Send Problem Report button.
- If you opened a ticket, please include the ticket number and any additional details about the issue you are having.
- Tap the Send button in the top right corner.
How to submit a problem report through the web portal
- As an owner or admin with permission to edit Zoom Room settings, you must log into the Zoom web portal to make changes.
- Click Room Management in the navigation pane, and then click Zoom Rooms from the Zoom Rooms menu.
- To send a report for a specific room, click on its name.
- You can edit the room by clicking the Edit button to the right of the room name.
- If you go to the Space Avatar section, you’ll find a sentence that reads Is something wrong? You can send us your log files to help us troubleshoot the issue by clicking here.
- The report can be generated by clicking on the following link: Click here
Note: In order for the option to report issues to appear, the room must be online to be available.
- If you opened a ticket, please include the ticket number and any additional details you may be aware of about the issue.
- Submitting the report is as simple as clicking the Submit button.
How to get Zoom Room audio logs
- The Zoom Room is where you can start a meeting.
- You can access the settings icon in the meeting controls by clicking the settings icon.
- The Help button is located in the settings window.
- When the switch is on, the audio log is enabled.
- Once the feature is activated, you can record the sound from your local microphone
Note: Other participants’ audio is not saved.
- The audio logs are automatically uploaded once the meeting ends. Zoom support will analyze them and send you a problem report once the meeting ends.
Note: A message will appear on the main display stating that troubleshooting mode will end approximately 59 minutes after audio logging begins. The event ends a minute later.