Using a Zoom Rooms for Touch whiteboard
A whiteboard is included with Zoom Rooms for Touch. When you start a whiteboard session, you can invite others to join the session so they can view and comment on it. You can save the whiteboard image and any annotations you have made on it at any time by emailing the image file to the recipients you specify in the email.
As another feature of the whiteboard, if you have a touchscreen monitor that is compatible with the whiteboard, you can have up to 10 touch points.
This website provides information about Zoom Whiteboard if you are interested in learning more about it.
This article covers several topics including:
- How to start a whiteboard session and use the controls
- How to Use the Drawing Tools (Freeform and Smart Recognition Drawing)
- How to invite attendees to a whiteboard session
- How to save a whiteboard session
- How to restrict sending whiteboards to internal users (administrator)
Requirements for using the whiteboard in Zoom Rooms for Touch
- Conference rooms for Zoom Rooms for Windows, version 5.3.0 or higher
- Windows 8.1 or a later version of Windows is required
- On the computer you need to install the touch drivers
- A single touchscreen monitor or multiple touchscreen monitors can be used
- The Zoom for Home device must be compatible with Zoom for Home
How to start a whiteboard session and use the controls
- You can access the whiteboard by tapping it on the home screen.
- A whiteboard control bar appears at the bottom of the screen, allowing you to switch from the default color (black) to a different color (red, yellow, green, or blue) when attempting to draw on the screen. In addition to these features, you also have access to the following:
- Return to the home screen by closing the whiteboard and returning to the main screen.
- moon icon :
- The whiteboard background should be changed to black to improve readability.
- Save icon :
- A PDF or an image of the whiteboard can be emailed as an attachment.
- Add page icon:
- Create a new whiteboard page by clicking the Add New Page button. When you add a new page, you will see an icon showing the number of pages added. Pages can be viewed and deleted by tapping this icon.
- drawing supplies
- NEW SHARE: Share your screen by clicking the share button. Once you start screen sharing, you can access the available drawing tools.
- START MEETING: At the beginning of the meeting, share the whiteboard with all participants. In the bottom right corner of your screen you can see these options after starting a meeting:
- Zoom Room’s microphone has an icon to mute and unmute it.
- The onboard controller can be accessed by clicking the more icon (…).
- END OF MEETING: All participants are asked to end the meeting at this point.
How to Use the Drawing Tools (Freeform and Smart Recognition Drawing)
Zoom Rooms for Touch allows you to use two types of drawing methods when starting a whiteboard session. These methods are:
- Freeform: When you use zoom, your lines aren’t smoothed out or your drawings aren’t automatically converted into shapes. You can see your drawings exactly as you drew them on the whiteboard.
- Drawing with Smart Recognition: When you draw on the touchscreen monitor, Zoom automatically smooths your lines and automatically converts your drawings into shapes once you’re done drawing.
In addition to being available on the whiteboard, these tools can also be used when annotating on the screen that a participant is sharing.
- In the bottom bar you will see an icon that looks like a pen or a shape.
- The following methods can be used for drawing:
- Freeform: Select the None option. The thickness of the line can also be changed.
- Smart Recognition: Smart Recognition drawing function can be activated by selecting Shape option. Besides the thickness of the line, you can also change the color.
- To start drawing, just select a color on the screen and touch to start.
- Tapping the screen allows you to draw on it.
- To undo your last drawing, click the undo icon or the trash can icon to delete all drawings from the whiteboard you are currently working on.
Read it too –
How to invite attendees to a whiteboard session
A whiteboard session can be created outside of a meeting, but it can be shared with remote participants by creating a meeting and starting it outside of it. When you invite participants to the meeting, you can share the whiteboard you used during the meeting with them.
The whiteboard session is displayed on the touch screen monitor if you have set up Zoom Rooms for Touch with dual monitors, while the participants’ videos are displayed on the regular monitor if you have configured Zoom Rooms for Touch with dual monitors.
- You can access the whiteboard from the home screen by tapping it.
- You can start drawing by selecting a color and tapping it.
- In the lower right corner of the screen there is a button that says START MEETING.
- You can view the onboard controller by tapping the ellipse icon (…) in the lower-right area of the screen.
- In the meeting controls, click the Invite button.
- Search for contacts to invite using the search bar on the left side of the screen.
- From the search results, select the attendees you want to invite, then tap the Invite button.
There will be a whiteboard that you will share with all participants and they can annotate the whiteboard using the whiteboard annotation tools they have installed, which are included with Zoom.
How to save a whiteboard session
By sending an email with an image or PDF of a whiteboard session, you can save and share the entire session including annotations.
There are separate images for each side of your whiteboard if your whiteboard has more than one side. It is important to note that if PDF is selected, all whiteboard pages are contained in one PDF file.
- Start a whiteboard session by clicking the button below.
- In the whiteboard controls you will find an icon that says “Save”.
- If you have multiple whiteboard pages, you will be prompted to choose the ones you want to send from a list.
- The whiteboard will be sent to the email address below.
- Please select a format for the whiteboard at the bottom right of the screen. The PDF option can be selected if you want to send multiple whiteboard pages in one file if you have multiple whiteboard pages.
- Click the Send button to send the message.
There is a subject line on the whiteboard that says “Saved Whiteboard Images.” It is the name of the room used as the sender.
How to restrict sending whiteboards to internal users (administrator)
As a security measure, Zoom Rooms for Touch whiteboards can be restricted so that they can only be shared with internal users. You can enable this option at the account level or on a device basis.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your Zoom username and password.
- In the Room Management window, click Zoom Rooms and then click the Manage Rooms button.
- This setting can be enabled for a specific room or location using the location hierarchy available for that room or location. It can be enabled for the entire account by clicking Account Settings.
- To start a meeting, click the Meeting button.
- If you only want to send whiteboards to internal contacts, make sure this option is enabled.
frequently asked Questions
Can Zoom breakout rooms use whiteboards?
In addition, boardrooms created by Zoom can also be equipped with whiteboards to facilitate the exchange of ideas. If you have allowed everyone in the meeting room to share their screens with the whiteboard, one student in each room can share their screen with the whiteboard. At the end of your Zoom meeting, you’ll find a section called “Screen Sharing” where you can enable this setting.
How to use Zoom Rooms for Touch?
This video will show you how to set up multiple monitors for Zoom Rooms for Touch to use the application
- To set up a conference room, you need to sign up for Zoom Rooms.
- Select the “Touchscreen Displays” drop-down menu from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Display tab on the touchscreen monitor. Clicking on this menu opens the Touch Screen Displays screen. …
- During a meeting, the touchscreen monitor displays the whiteboard and all meeting features, while the regular monitor displays the video feed of all meeting participants, while the touchscreen monitor serves as a means of controlling the meeting.
How do you use a whiteboard in Zoom Room?
A whiteboard can be used in a shared Zoom Room in the following ways:
- Zoom Room lets you start a meeting.
- Click Whiteboard on the screen, then click NEW Whiteboard to bring up a virtual whiteboard.
- On the screen you can configure permissions for each participant. When you’re done, click Open and Collaborate.
What is Zoom Room for Touch?
functional description. Zoom Rooms for Touch gives you the option to start or join a meeting from the home screen. You can also access the instructions for sharing your screen with others in the room on the home screen. Additionally, you’ll find a built-in whiteboard built into the software on the home screen, as well as controls to start or join a meeting.
Can whiteboards be used in breakout rooms?
For example, a whiteboard, application, website, or a variety of other tools can be used by participants in a different room during a breakout session. It is recommended to have one screen sharing activity in the main room or in one of the side rooms if you intend to have five screen sharing activities at the same time. Participants or leaders can access the whiteboard tool on the left side of the screen by clicking the share screen icon in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.