Using the global relay archive for meetings for Zoom
This application allows Global Relay customers to archive chat messages and shared files during meetings, as well as record all conference calls. By integrating these systems, we can ensure that regulatory requirements and compliance requirements are met.
As an administrator, you can use this website to set up and configure your Global Relay endpoints to allow Zoom to send meeting data and metadata for archiving after a meeting has ended. There is no limit to the number of users in an organization who can use this application.
Prerequisites for Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- Account for Global Relay
- Recording in the cloud
- The Global Relay Archive for Meetings app is now available for pre-approval in the Zoom Marketplace.
Note: If the app is not pre-approved by Zoom, please contact your Zoom administrator.
- Zoom Desktop Client:
- Windows: 5.4.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.4.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.4.0 or higher
- Mobile Zoom App:
- Android: 5.4.0 or higher
- iOS: 5.4.0 or higher
How to install and configure Global Relay Archive for Meetings
Install Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- Sign in with your Zoom account to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- The Global Relay app can be found by typing the app’s name in the search box at the top right of your screen.
- The Global Relay Archive for Meetings app can be found in the search results when you search for keywords. Click on it to access the app.
Note: Please contact your Zoom admin if the app is not pre-approved for your account and he or she will approve it for you.
- Then click the Add button.
- Click Authorize after confirming that the app needs the required permissions.
Configure the global relay archive for meetings
- In the application you can access the configuration page.
- Here are the details you need to fill in as shown below:
Note: To get these details, your IT admin should contact your Global Relay instance to obtain them. I would recommend contacting Global Relay for more information if you still cannot locate these documents.
- SMTP server: IP address of the server receiving the data.
- SMTP address: Depending on the version of Global Relay, there are different archive destinations (e.g. Archive 9 vs. Archive 10). Global Relay should be able to help you with this.
- Username and Password: Once the meeting is over, we can call the Global Relay API to send data after the meeting so we can call the Global Relay API and send data back to you.
- Archiving enabled user groups: Make sure you select the groups for which you want to enable this feature. Zoom’s web portal will populate these groups based on the information you provided there.
- Then click the Save button.
Configure archive settings in the Zoom web portal
- You need to log in to the Zoom portal.
- In the navigation pane, click the Account Settings link.
- Go to the Meetings tab and click on it.
- To enable or disable the Archive Meetings/Webinars feature, click the Archive button under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Identify the content your organization needs to archive and select it for archiving.
Global relay archive for archiving meetings
- Once admin installed this app, all meetings specified by users will be archived after installing the app. The system default is to record them by default.
- The data Zoom collects after a user has ended their meeting is sent to your Global Relay instance once they have ended their meeting.
- There is no automatic deletion of the meeting recording from Zoom when the meeting ends. Recording management settings vary based on the account and user settings you have configured for your account.
Information Sent by Zoom to Global Relay
Note: It can take up to 12 hours for Zoom to sync with the global relay and it may not happen immediately.
Your Zoom Global Relay instance receives the following information from Zoom:
- Meeting Title: The topic of the meeting.
- Host: A meeting is started or scheduled by the user who initiated it.
- ID: This is a unique identifier for the meeting.
- Number: The meeting number is a 9 or 10 digit number.
- Date: Please enter the date of the meeting in the format YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT is assumed to be used if no time zone is specified.
- Minutes: Minutes is the length of the meeting in minutes.
- Meeting Recording: Here is a link to the meeting recording that can be accessed online.
- Note: It is important to note that the recording storage settings in your account will determine whether this link is active or not.
- Password: This is the password used for the meeting.
- Meeting recording files: The email includes all the recording files attached.
- Note: Meeting recording files must be enabled when configuring Global Relay. Zoom will also split a file if it exceeds 500MB.
In-meeting chat messages
- The news
- Sender’s name
- text of the message
- Sent Time: This allows you to see exactly how many minutes into the meeting the message was sent
- questions for the survey
- Responses to the survey
- The number of replies received
How to uninstall Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- You must sign in with your Zoom account to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- To manage your account, click the Manage button at the top right of the page.
- The Added apps option can be found in the navigation menu.
- Next to the Global Relay Archive for Meetings app, you will find a Remove button.
- It is important that you confirm the dialog box and click on the Remove button.