Using the Join Personal Meeting ID with a Zoom Room
Users can hyperlink their personal meeting link to their profile on the Zoom web portal, where Zoom Room Controllers will display a join link for their Personal Meeting ID (PMI). A PMI link will appear under the Meet Now button when the contact is selected from the Zoom Room Controller contact list.
Zoom Room makes it easy for users to find and join their PMIs.
- Zoom’s desktop client already offers this functionality. Zoom Rooms implements this feature.
- Users can select the tappable PMI link from the location field when the URL field is populated with a valid PMI URL.
This article covers:
- How to use the ID to join a face-to-face meeting
- Enter PMI in the Location field
- Using the ID to join the personal meeting
Requirements for using the Join Personal Meeting ID.
- System requirements for Zoom Rooms devices and controllers can be found here
- An account can be Free, Paid, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise
- Users with basic skills
- Client software for Zoom:
- Windows: 5.5.0 (12454.0131) or higher
- MacOS: 5.5.0 (12467.0131) or higher
- Here are the mobile apps for Zoom:
- Version 5.6.6 (2076) or higher for Android
- Version 5.6.6 (423) or later required for iOS
How to use the ID to join a face-to-face meeting
Entering PMI in the location field of your profile
- You can access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- You can access your profile by clicking on the Profile link in the navigation menu.
- You can view your PMI and meeting link under Meeting by clicking the eye icon.
- Make a note of the link to your personal interview.
- You can edit your profile by clicking the edit button below your name.
- The location field should be populated with your PMI.
- Save the file.
Using the identifier to join a face-to-face meeting from a Zoom room
- Join a Zoom Room by clicking here.
- Identify a contact who entered a PMI in the location field of their contact record, and then search for them.
- Select the contact’s name from the contact list on the controller.
A PMI URL is displayed next to the location field under the person’s name.
- The URL for the PMI can be found next to the Location field.