Using workspace reservation for Zoom Rooms
As part of the user flow for reserving Zoom workspaces, Zoom Phone Appliances (ZPA) are supported by Zoom Phone. With the help of Workspace Reservation it is possible to reserve a workplace in the office. Zoom makes it easy for users to reserve available locations, whether they need desks or meeting rooms, using a virtual reception kiosk, Zoom Rooms for touch devices, or accessing the Zoom web portal. With Workspace Reservations, you can use a QR code to check in at Zoom-enabled desks, view interactive maps, and find out which desks are available.
- All ZPA models are supported.
- When adding ZPA to the reservation system, admins have the option to make it available for desks.
- The reservation system allows users to make reservations for Zoom Rooms and ZPAs.
- If the device is available or reserved, ZPA displays a status indicator of the device.
This article covers:
- How to sign in to a workspace using Zoom Rooms for touch devices
- Log in to a reserved desk using the QR code on mobile devices
- Manually log in to a reserved desk on Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- How to reserve available workspace on Zoom Rooms for touch devices
- How to reserve a seat in a Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- How to reserve a Zoom room at the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
Requirements for using workspace reservation for Zoom Rooms
- To enable workspace reservation through Zoom Rooms and/or Zoom Phones, your organization must have a license for each of these products.
- App Zoom for mobile devices
Note: This is required for scanning QR codes.
- The Android operating system requires a version of 126.96.36.19902 or higher
- To use iOS, you need version 5.9.0 or higher
- If you have a touch device, Zoom Rooms is required on that device, version 5.9.0 or later.
- Appliances for Zoom Phones (optional)
How to sign in to a workspace using Zoom Rooms for touch devices
Log in to a reserved desk using the QR code on mobile devices
- You should ensure that your Zoom mobile app is up to date and that you are using the latest version.
- On the Zoom Rooms device screen, the QR code can be scanned when there is a reservation.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the Zoom app on your mobile device.
- You can change the settings by tapping Settings.
- You can scan the QR code on the screen by tapping Scan QR code and scanning the QR code on the screen.
The QR code can also be scanned with your phone’s camera if you have one.
- On the confirmation page, tap Check In.
A green tick will appear on your screen once you have successfully checked in. You can access your account from the device
- In the lower left corner, tap Check Out to check out.
Manually log in to a reserved desk on Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- With the Zoom Rooms for Touch app, you can reserve a desk on your device.
- Click on the button that says Check-in.
- Sign in with your email address or enter the pairing code on the sign in page and you can sign in.
- In the lower left corner of your screen you will see a check out button. Tap this button to check out.
How to reserve available workspace on Zoom Rooms for touch devices
- On your mobile device, select an available desk from Zoom Rooms for Touch.
- You can check in by tapping the Check In button.
- Click the Reserve button to start the reservation process.
- If you wish to make a reservation, you must select the date and time in the “Reserve” pop-up window.
Tap Custom if you want to set a specific reservation time for your reservation.
- Click the Confirm button.
- Click the Reserve by email option or scan the QR code in the confirmation pop-up window to confirm the reservation.
- Using the Zoom app or a camera is the best way to scan the QR code.
- Please enter your email address to confirm by email.
- Click the Reserve button.
How to reserve a seat in a Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- To reserve a workspace on the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk map, simply tap on it.
A green workspace indicates that it is available for use. Workspaces shown in red indicate that they are reserved.
- The Reserve button will appear once you tap it.
- When you are on the Reserve page you can select the date and time you would like to book.
If you tap Custom, you can set a custom reservation time for your reservation.
- Confirm your decision by tapping the Confirm button.
- If you want to confirm the reservation or reserve by email, you need to scan the QR code on the confirmation page.
- With the Zoom app or with a camera you can scan the QR code to scan it with your smartphone.
- By entering your email address, you can confirm your order by email.
- You can reserve your seat by tapping the Reserve button.
How to reserve a Zoom room at the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- Select a Zoom room on the map on the virtual reception kiosk.
The zoom room is available when it is green. Red indicates a reserved Zoom room.
- Select Reserve.
- From the Reservation screen, you can perform the following actions:
- To confirm your reservation, tap Confirm.
After a successful reservation, the Zoom Rooms map will appear on the screen.