Zoom contact center voice call control
In Zoom Contact Center, you can make or transfer calls after making or answering voice calls.
This article covers:
- How to access Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
- Mute / Unmute
- Hold / Don’t Hold
- Recording / stop recording
- Hang up / end icon
Requirements for using Voice Call Control
- It requires Zoom desktop client version 5.9.3 or higher for Windows or macOS
- A Pro account, a Business account, or an Education account
- A Zoom Contact Center license is required
How to access Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
- Open the Zoom desktop client on your computer and sign in.
- Voice calls can be made or received.
You can control the voice call when the connection is established.
Mute / Unmute
Your microphone can be muted or unmuted.
Display a dialpad for entering numbers during the call.
Hold / Don’t Hold
Calls can be held or resumed. Waiting in the queue is accompanied by music.
Zoom’s web portal allows administrators to customize music on hold.
Contact an external number, another queue, or another agent.
- The Transfer button allows you to move a queue or agent within the same account. You can select a queue or agent under Route to by entering a name or number.
- Transferring to an external number is as simple as clicking Transfer. Enter the outside number you want to be transferred to (country code, area code and phone number) by clicking Forward to.
You will be prompted to choose a transfer method:
- Direct Transfer: When the call comes in, the call is routed to a queue or agent and then hangs up immediately. There may be prompts in the phone menu that need to be filled out by the other party, if any.
- Warm Transfer: Once you complete the transfer, the call is put on hold. To allow a call to be transferred, this option can be used when you are in a queue and the caller wants to speak to an agent before transferring you to the receiving agent.
Recording / stop recording
Voice call recording can be started or stopped at any time. During the call, you may hear an audio prompt informing both parties that the call is being recorded (the admin has the option to disable the audio prompt). Zoom desktop client and Zoom web portal users who have access to the Zoom desktop client can view, download, or delete recordings of their calls.
Several scenarios can affect the recording of a call, including:
- If your administrator has enabled automatic voice recording for a specific call, the Record/Stop Recording button will be unavailable, meaning you will not be able to start or stop automatic voice recording for a specific call.
- It’s important to note that if you select a transfer option, the recording ends when you transfer the call. This applies to both external and internal contacts in the transmission of information. It is possible to start recording again if you select Warm Transfer to record the part before you complete the transfer before you start recording again.
Hang up / end icon
The call should hang up (end). During wrap-up time, you can add the number to your address book and add notes for the call if your administrator has set it.
Read it too –
frequently asked Questions
What is the Zoom call center?
The advantages of hosted VoIP are that they are less expensive than traditional phones systems and They allow employees to work on one platform regardless of their location as it is hosted over the internet. Therefore, agents can access customer data promptly and thus easily solve customer inquiries.
How do I set up my Zoom voice call?
Make a call
Launch the Zoom app and log into your account.
The phone is bugged.
There is an icon that looks like a number pad. Tip It.
The following methods can be used to call a number:
To change the outbound caller ID number for an outbound call in addition to your direct number, click the Caller ID dropdown menu.
To make a call you need to tap on the phone icon.
Use the controls available in the call.
Does Zoom have a contact center?
As a fully integrated omnichannel contact center, Zoom Contact Center supports video calling and is directly integrated into the Zoom workflow. It combines unified communications capabilities with the capabilities of a contact center in Zoom Contact Center.
How do you mute and unmute the zoom dial?
During a Zoom call, you need to unmute yourself only you B. by joining a given meeting or joining an existing meeting. By touching the phone’s screen, you can overlay the options that will help you mute/loud yourself. Press the mute option in the overlay options once the overlay options are available and the call will be muted.
Can you take a call while on Zoom?
Are you able to take a Zoom call while in a Zoom meeting?
The answer is yes, when you are in a Zoom meeting you are given the option to either hold the meeting and answer the call, or end the meeting and answer the call, or ignore the call which sends the caller to voicemail becomes.
What is the difference between Zoom and RingCentral?
Unlike RingCentral, Zoom is primarily a video-first communications platform, while RingCentral is primarily a voice-enabled platform. This is one of the fundamental differences between Zoom and RingCentral. Zoom’s focus on video allows it to position itself as the platform for the future of business communications based on its focus on video.