Zoom to the Facebook portal
Zoom meetings can be joined directly from a Facebook portal device that users have access to. This is a quick and easy way to join Zoom meetings, with no special hardware required. You can still access other apps and features in the portal while having access to Zoom meetings. It’s also important to mention that the Facebook portal is fully touchscreen controlled, so no mouse or keyboard is required to navigate the site.
Requirements for using Zoom for the Facebook portal
- A Zoom account
- A Facebook Portal device:
- Facebook portal
- Facebook portal TV
- Facebook portal Go
- Facebook Portal+
How to set up and configure Zoom in the Facebook portal
- To use the Facebook portal, you need to buy a device.
- The Facebook portal must be placed in a location that can be cleared or found.
- If you don’t already have a Zoom account or your organization hasn’t provided one for you, sign up for one if you haven’t already.
Note: Zoom can be used on the Facebook portal without requiring a special license. The program is available to Basic users (free), Pro users, Business users and Enterprise users.
- It is recommended that you follow the instructions that come with your Facebook Portal device during the initial setup.
- Go to the Facebook Portal App Store and turn on your Facebook Portal.
- Install the Zoom app by searching for it in the App Store.
- You can connect your Zoom account using one of the following methods: pairing code or login.
Pairing code with web browser
We recommend using this option if you use single sign-on (SSO) in your organization. You will see a pairing code on the screen that you need to remember.
- Go to www.zoom.us/pair on another device and open a web browser.
- On the Facebook portal you will see a pairing code that you need to enter
- The device will ask you to confirm your sign-in attempt. If it is you, tap Yes, it’s me.
- If you do the setup yourself, the process will be completed automatically when you do it yourself. If your organization made a room available to you, just tap on it to select it if it’s available.
Sign up with email
- Sign in to your Zoom account by entering your email address and password and tapping the Sign In button.
- During the setup process, if you do the setup yourself, the process will complete automatically. If your organization made a room available to you, you can tap to select it when it’s made available to you.
Set a screen lock passcode and configure auto-lock
When you’re away from your desk, you can set a passcode so you can lock your device when you return, or you can set the device to automatically lock if you forget to lock it.
- After completing the initial sign-in process, you will be prompted to set up a passcode for your lock screen once you complete the initial sign-in process.
- Enter a code to unlock your screen, or skip this step if you don’t want to enter a code.When configuring a passcode, make sure you enter the passcode and then confirm your choice by entering it again.
It is possible to set the device so that it automatically locks itself after a certain period of time after use. This will force you to manually lock your device every time you use it from the home screen unless you choose otherwise.
- There is an option for Settings in the bottom right corner of the screen that you need to tap on.
- Select the Automatically lock screen after inactivity option, and then enter the timeout threshold you want to use. If you select Never, the device must be locked manually every time the start screen is displayed.
If you want to manually lock your device, you need to launch the portal and go to the home screen and select the lock icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
How to manage other settings
It is possible to customize a variety of settings after your portal has been configured, including your portal wallpaper, meeting reminders, and other features on the Settings page by selecting the Collaboration Devices tab. Click the Edit button after finding the device in the list.
Using Zoom for Facebook Portal
If you want to get the most out of your new Zoom-enabled device, please take a look at the following articles:
- Set up calendar
- ID for face-to-face meetings
- Using the whiteboard
- sharing a screen
- Records in the cloud
- Meeting controls
- The process of setting up Zoom for devices at home